Matthew David McGorry
Manhattan, New York City, United States
Matt went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School.
Post that, he got enrolled at the Emerson College in Boston.
- Father – worked as a driver.
- Mother – was a homemaker.
- Siblings – Craig McGorry (Brother)
- Others – William J. McGorry (Paternal Grandfather), Frances O’Sullivan (Paternal Grandmother)
Matt McGorry is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm (Approx)
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt McGorry has dated –
- Michelle Trachtenberg – Matt McGorry was RUMORed to be in a relationship with actress Michelle Trachtenberg. Although they haven’t publicly released statement to confirm their relationship, but they have been ever present by each other’s side at numerous events starting with 2015 Coachella festival and Elton John AIDS Foundation Viewing Party in February 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Matt is of Jewish descent on his mother’s side while, has Irish ancestry on father’s side.
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Matt McGorry has been seen in PSA “It’s On Us”.
He has appeared in Electronic Scrabble Flash game commercial.
Best Known For
- His role in Netflix comedy-drama series, Orange Is the New Black as John Bennett.
- Having played Asher Millstone in ABC drama series, How to Get Away with Murder.
Matt McGorry made his film debut with Thursday in 2006 as Grey Malcolm.
First TV Show
McGorry made his first TV show appearance in ABC soap opera One Life to Live as Spider Man in 2011.
Matt McGorry keeps changing his workout routines following the roles he is being cast in. However, irrespective of his roles and fitness objectives, his exercises do involve weightlifting.
When he is looking to shred fat, he performs full body lifting workouts and adds HIIT to his routine. Generally, he performs this circuit once or twice per week. In case, he has a shirtless scene around the corner, he prefers low-intensity cardio such as incline walking. It burns fewer calories but helps get rid of a higher percentage of fat.
He switches his diet in accordance with his workout goals. If he is lifting heavy, he likes to pile on carbs. On days when he is doing cardio sessions, he drastically cuts carb intakes and gorges on protein food sources.
Matt McGorry Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- Vegetable Meal – Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Restaurant – The Half King in New York City
- Dance Song – OMG by Usher
Source – Yahoo, Grub Street, Twitter
Matt McGorry Facts
- While growing up, Matt was really into magic and started learning it at the age of around eight or nine. He used to perform at the birthday parties and even attended magic camp.
- Before giving the acting career a try, he was a bodybuilder, personal trainer and Men’s Health magazine writer. As a trainer, he had even worked with many Victoria’s Secret models.
- He doesn’t know how to drive a car.
- Matt identifies himself as a feminist and has penned a number of social media posts to raise awareness about the cause.
- In October 2016, he and his dad got matching tattoos of the uterus on their right biceps from Golden Probes tattoo parlor in Los Angeles.
- In March 2016, he designed a feminist t-shirt on the eve of International Women’s Day and decided to donate the funds from the tee sales to social cause organization, NARAL.
- Like many other left-leaning celebrities, he was pretty vocal on social media in his opposition of Donald Trump in lead up to 2016 US Presidential Election.
- Join Matt McGorry on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.