|Matt Ryan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Matt Ryan is a British actor, voice actor, theatre artist, producer, and editor. He is best known for having been cast as John Constantine in NBC’s Constantine and The CW’s Arrowverse as well as voicing a version of the character in the 2017 film Justice League Dark, the 2020 film Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, and its CW Seed spin-off web series Constantine: City of Demons. Matt Ryan has also played Joe O’Hara in the television period drama The Halcyon, Dave Brown in the 5-part television drama show Collision, and Mick Rawson in the CBS police procedural drama series Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. Ryan has also been cast in movies including Blood Monkey, 500 Miles North, Adverse, Away, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Layer Cake, Heart of Lightness, and Armistice.
Matthew Darren Evans
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Matt Ryan studied at schools in Penyrheol and then got enrolled at Gorseinon College, where he completed a BTEC Performing Arts course. Later, he graduated from the Bristol Old Vic in 2003.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist, Producer, Editor
- Father – Steve Evans (Music Producer)
- Mother – Maria Evans (Dancer)
- Others – Alec Dennis Dubens (Maternal Grandfather), Mary T. Bishop (Maternal Grandmother)
Matt Ryan has been signed with Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Matt Ryan is of Welsh and Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Frequently plays negative characters
- Natural Welsh accent
Matt Ryan Favorite Things
- Superheroes – Batman, Superman, John Constantine
Source – IMDb
Matt Ryan Facts
- In 2004, he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Junkie 2 in the 2004 crime film, Layer Cake, starring Daniel Craig, Colm Meaney, Sienna Miller, and others.
- He did voice and motion capture for Edward Kenway in the video game titled Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag in 2013.
- He plays the guitar.
- His theatre credits include playing Gerard in Small Change at Donmar Warehouse in 2008, Horatio in Hamlet at the Wyndham’s Theatre in 2009, Cliff in Look Back in Anger at Royal Court Theatre in 2012, Caliban in The Tempest at Theatre Royal, Bath in 2012, Fluellen in Henry V at Noel Coward Theatre in 2014, and Gilbert in Knives in Hens at Donmar Warehouse in 2017.
- In 2020, he appeared as Jake in the crime thriller film Adverse.
Featured Image by Derek Hofmann / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0