|Matt Sallee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Matt Sallee is an American singer who is best known for being a member of a cappella group, Pentatonix. Born in Baltimore, Maryland, he always had a flair for music and started singing at a very young age. His father being a music pastor, Matt would often sing in the church choirs and in various school events. During high school, he also participated in a number of musicals like Seussical the Musical, Dracula, Children of Eden, Alice in Wonderland, Moon over Buffalo, West Side Story, and Grease. Coincidentally, he also attended a workshop led by the founding members of Pentatonix during a festival while he was in high school. Matt’s career skyrocketed after he was announced as a member of the famous a cappella group, Pentatonix. He has come a long way in his musical career and still has a whole lot of milestones to achieve. Matt Sallee also has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Matthew Levon Sallee
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied at Maurice J. McDonough High School. Matt Sallee also took lessons in classical training to improve his skills as a musician. After graduating high school, he went to Berklee College of Music to study Music.
- Father – He was a music pastor.
- Mother – Tammy Sallee
- Siblings – Tamira (Sister), Ernest (Older Brother)
As a member of Pentatonix, Matt Sallee is managed by Jonathan Kalter, The MGMT Company, Hollywood, California, United States.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt Sallee has dated –
- Sarah Bishop (2019-Present) – In 2019, he started dating a girl named Sarah Bishop. Sarah got admission to the Southwestern Law School in July 2020. The couple got engaged in October 2020 and tied the knot in January 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Wide smile
Best Known For
- Being a member of a cappella group from Arlington, Texas i.e. Pentatonix
As a member of Pentatonix, his debut album was titled PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I. It was released via RCA Records in April 2018 and the album also secured #10th position in the Billboard 200 chart.
First TV Show
Matt Sallee made his first TV show appearance as a guest in an episode of the talk show, Sidewalks Entertainment, in 2018.
Matt Sallee Facts
- He grew up in Baltimore, Maryland.
- He started singing at a very early age and has since been making tremendous progress in the field.
- Matt also used to sing in the church choir under the guidance of his father who was a music pastor.
- Whenever his grandmother saw her little grandson sing in the church choir, she would get overwhelmed and start crying.
- During his school years, Matt Sallee did several shows around the Southern Maryland area as well as performed in a number of musicals like Seussical the Musical, Dracula, Children of Eden, Alice in Wonderland, Moon over Buffalo, West Side Story, and Grease.
- While in high school, he also formed an all-male a cappella group named Ramtations. The group also went to the SingStrong festival in 2012 where Matt attended a workshop led by none other than the founding members of Pentatonix, who would later become a part of his career as a musician.
- Matt’s high school music teacher, T. C. O’Brien, always knew that the boy would go a long way in his musical pursuits.
- He is a versatile singer who can sing comfortably in various genres of music.
- He has also performed at many of the popular venues including Kennedy Center, Morman Temple Visitors Center, and the Apollo Theater.
- While studying in Berklee College of Music, Matt Sallee was noted for his skills and also sang for the school’s President and Presidential Advisory Committee as a solo artist.
- Before joining Berklee, he had a mind to study musical theater at Elon University.
- His virtues as a musician also helped him become a member of one of the well-known a cappella groups called Pitch Slapped, a position he secured during his first semester at Berklee. He then went on to become the leader of the group during his senior year in the college.
- He has also been fortunate enough to share the stage with the likes of Jessie J and Jill Scott.
- In 2017, Matt Sallee became a member of Pentatonix, replacing former member Avi Kaplan, joining the group alongside Kevin Olusola, Kirstin Maldonado, Mitch Grassi, and Scott Hoying. He was introduced as the group’s new bass by Scott Hoying on October 13, 2017.
- His first project with the group was the cover of Camila Cabello‘s song, Havana, which was released on February 23, 2018.
Featured Image by Matt Sallee / Instagram