|Matthew Healy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1989|
Matthew Healy is an English singer who is best known as the lead singer of the pop rock band The 1975. He has been playing with his present bandmates ever since he was 13 years old and has provided vocals to several successful tracks such as Love It If We Made It, TooTimeTooTimeTooTime, Sincerity Is Scary, It’s Not Living (If It’s Not with You), Give Yourself a Try, Loving Someone, and many more. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 1 million followers on Twitter.
Matthew Timothy Healy
Truman Black, Matty, Mat
London, England, United Kingdom
Matthew attended the Wilmslow High School in Wilmslow.
- Father – Tim Healy (Actor)
- Mother – Denise Welch (Actress)
- Siblings – Louis Healy (Brother)
As a member of The 1975, Matthew is represented by Jamie Oborne.
Indie pop, Indie Rock, Electropop, Synth-pop, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizers
- Dirty Hit
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew has dated –
- Gemma Janes – Matthew was in a long-term relationship with model Gemma Janes. The couple, however, broke up in 2014.
- Gabriella Brooks – Matthew was romantically involved with Gabriella Brooks in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Curly long hair
Matthew has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
In an interview, he said that believing in a God is fair enough but he is not religious or does not follow any particular religion.
Best Known For
Being the lead singer of English pop rock band The 1975
Matthew along with his band released the self-titled debut album The 1975 in 2013. The album peaked at the number 1 spot on the Scottish Albums chart and UK Albums chart.
First TV Show
Matthew made his first TV show appearance on Live & Kicking as himself in 1999.
As per an interview in 2014, Matthew said that whenever he is touring, he does press-ups and sit-ups on the tour bus or sometimes goes for a jog but does not have any particular fitness routine. He said that whenever he starts gaining weight, he gets on the treadmill. Due to tours, he does not get much time for the gym.
Matthew Healy Facts
- He met his The 1975 bandmates in 2002 when they were teenagers and they used to play together.
- They had been playing together since they were 13 and used to rehearse at Matthew’s parents’ house. In an interview, he said that most of their songs were written in that house until his parents separated.
- He originally played the drums but eventually took over as the lead vocalist after their main singer left to form his own band.
- He hates to travel in a plane and said that he has to take all the legal drugs so that he can sleep.
- Matthew prefers touring on a bus and feels like it is a traveling hotel every time he is on tours.
- He suffered from grave heroin addiction and it was band’s drummer George Daniel who first discovered his addiction.
- Matthew spent 7 weeks in the rehab in Barbados.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Markus Hillgärtner / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0