|FKA Twigs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
FKA Twigs is an English singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, director, and actress who released her debut studio album titled LP1 on August 6, 2014, and it was nominated for the 2014 Mercury Prize and the award for “Best Recording Package” at the 2015 Grammy Awards. The album was voted the 5th-best record of 2014 in the Pazz & Jop and included songs like Two Weeks, Hours, Lights On, Closer, Video Girl, and Pendulum. She also gained acclaim with the release of her 2nd studio album named Magdalene.
Tahliah Debrett Barnett
Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom
Tahliah went to St. Edward’s School, Cheltenham. As her family was not financially sound, her education was covered up by the academic scholarship.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer, Dancer, Actress, Director
- Father – Was a jazz dancer
- Mother – Was a dancer and gymnast
She has been signed to –
- CODA Music Agency
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Trip-hop, Experimental, R&B, Alternative R&B, Electronic, Indietronica, Art Pop, Avant-Pop
Vocals, Drums, Keyboards, Synthesizer
Young Turks, XL Recordings
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
51 kg or 112½ lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
FKA Twigs has been romantically linked with –
- Robert Pattinson (2014-2017) – In July 2014, Twigs started dating fellow actor Robert Pattinson in July 2014. They got engaged in March 2015. They remained together for more than 2 years after the engagement and split in August 2017.
- Shia LaBeouf (2018-2019) – She then started going out with American actor, performance artist, and filmmaker Shia LaBeouf in October 2018, after they met on the set of the film Honey Boy. However, the duo separated the following year and in December 2020, Twigs filed a lawsuit against LaBeouf in Los Angeles, accusing him of s*xual battery, assault, and infliction of emotional distress during their relationship. Later, LaBeouf stated that he had been “abusive” to himself and those around him “for years” and that he was “ashamed” and “sorry to those [he] hurt.” Nevertheless, he denied all allegations made by Twigs.
- Reuben Esser (2019)
- Matthew Healy (2020-Present) – Since February 2020, she has been romantically involved with Matthew Healy, lead vocalist, producer, lyricist, and rhythm guitarist of The 1975.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Jamaican ancestry on her father’s side, while she has partly English and Spanish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Wears nose ring
- Front teeth
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Her religious beliefs are not known.
But, she attended a Catholic school.
Best Known For
Her catchy pop songs, and whispery voice, and album LP1.
FKA Twigs released her first studio album LP1 on August 6, 2014, by Young Turks. The album received very good ratings and got placed at #16 on UK Albums Chart.
She was able to sell 12,750 copies of the album in the UK itself and 77,000 copies in the US.
Before the release of this album, she had already released Extended Plays (EP) with the names EP1 and EP2 in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
She has appeared in several short films, the first one of which was in 2011 in a 3-minute long, comedy film Beyonce Wants Groceries where she played the role of a dancer (as Twigs).
In 2019, she made her first theatrical film appearance by appearing as Shy Girl in the American drama film, Honey Boy.
First TV Show
In 2014, she first appeared on the talk show Le grand journal de Canal+ as herself in an episode dated September 11, 2014.
She has been pictured several times heading towards the gym with Robert Pattinson.
FKA Twigs Facts
- She has worked as a backup dancer in London at the age of 17.
- She grew up in the presence of her mother and stepfather.
- FKA Twigs met her biological father for the first time when she was 18.
- As a child, her parents were not financially much strong.
- FKA Twigs once made a concept film for Google Glass. Check it out on YouTube.
- She first started making music at the age of 16, while being a part of youth clubs.
- Twigs can be seen dancing in the music videos by famous artists Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Kylie Minogue, and Taio Cruz. For example, check the music videos of Jessie J’s “Do It Like a Dude” and “Price Tag.”
- Her 2nd studio album was ranked number #1 on The A.V. Club‘s “The 20 Best Albums of 2019” list, Now‘s “The 10 Best Albums of 2019” list, and Time‘s “The 10 Best Albums of 2019” list.
- She graced the cover of the i-D magazine for their August 2012 issue.
- Due to her cracking joints, she basically got to be known as twigs, and, she added the prefix “FKA” by herself to make her name different from the already existing artist called “The Twigs.” Some people say that FKA means Formerly Known As, but according to FKA Twigs herself, it does not mean anything.
- Her music is described as “catchy pop” with “whispery vocals.”
- In January 2021, during an appearance on Grounded with Louis Theroux podcast, she revealed that she suffered racist bullying by Robert Pattinson’s fans during their relationship.
- In December 2021, FKA Twigs released a new song titled Tears in the Club, featuring The Weeknd.