|Maura Tierney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1965|
Maura Tierney is a talented actress and producer. She is known for her roles in Liar Liar, Primal Fear, Instinct, Insomnia, The Nazi, Finding Amanda, Nature Calls, Anything, Beautiful Boy, Melvin Goes to Dinner, Welcome to Mooseport, Diggers Gina, The Go-Getter, Semi-Pro, Baby Mama, Rescue Me, The Whole Truth, The Office, 704 Hauser, The Van Dyke Show, Family Ties, Booker, The Affair, NewsRadio, ER, The Good Wife, and Ruth & Erica. She studied drama at the Notre Dame Academy in Hingham, Massachusetts.
Hyde Park, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Maura Tierney attended Mount Alvernia Academy Elementary School in Massachusetts. She also studied drama at the Notre Dame Academy in Hingham, Massachusetts. Later, she graduated from New York University majoring in Dance and Drama.
- Father – Joseph M. Tierney (Politician)
- Mother – Pat Tierney (Real Estate Broker)
- Siblings – Deidre Tierney (Younger Sister), Joseph Tierney Jr. (Younger Brother), Brian Tierney (Younger Brother)
Maura Tierney is managed by –
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maura Tierney has dated –
- Billy Morrissette – On February 1, 1993, Maura married actor and director, Billy Morrissette. The couple met through a blind date set up by their mutual friends at the top of the Hollywood Holiday Inn. However, they divorced in 2006 citing irreconcilable differences. They had no children together.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
- Long face
- High cheekbone
- Slightly broad jawline
Maura Tierney has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Swiffer Wet Jet cleaning tool
- Boeing Employees Credit Union
- Sutter Health Care Providers
Best Known For
- Her versatile roles in films and TV series including The Affair as Helen Solloway, NewsRadio (1995–1999) as Lisa Miller, ER (1999–2009) as Dr. Abby Lockhart, The Good Wife (2012–2013) as Maddie Hayward, Primal Fear (1996) as Naomi Chance, Liar Liar (1997) as Audrey Reede, Instinct (1999) as Lynn Powell, Insomnia (2002) as Rachel Clement, Finding Amanda (2008) as Lorraine Mendon, and Beautiful Boy (2018) as Karen
In 1991, she made her first theatrical film appearance as Cecelia in the crime comedy film, The Linguini Incident.
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress in the mystery crime drama film, Mexico City, as Pam on Phone.
First TV Show
In 1988, she made her first TV show appearance as Jillian Ryan in the comedy-drama series, The Van Dyke Show.
In 2000, she made her TV show debut as a voice actress in the animated comedy-drama, King of the Hill, as Tanya.
Maura Tierney loves to work out as it helps her de-stress. Her workout consists of Pilates, running, hitting the gym, or just walking down the streets of New York City. She loves listening to music while working out to draw out all the tension.
She does not follow any specific diet plan though she has admitted that a holistic approach towards food is essential.
Maura Tierney Favorite Things
- Breakfast – Soft-boiled egg, spinach, and avocado over quinoa
- Los Angeles Restaurant – Sugarfish
- New York City Restaurant – Morandi
Source – TheNewPotato.com
Maura Tierney Facts
- As a child, she grew up in Boston.
- In 1987, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career.
- She considers herself to be a sunset person, more like a night owl.
- She and her ex-husband Billy Morrissette once owned a black pug named Rose-Kennedy whom they took everywhere they went.
- In the spring of 2001, her article titled “‘Rudy Giuliani’: A Fascist? You Be The Judge” was published in Flaunt.
- She got the role of Nurse Abigail ‘Abby’ Lockhart in ER (1994) without an audition.
- She was added as a cast member just a day before shooting the pilot episode of NewsRadio (1995).
- In 2002, on the Last Call with Carson Daly, she revealed that she and her then-husband Billy Morrissette were fired from The Ralph Macchio Project sitcom.
- She has played the character of an alcoholic in Oxygen (1999) and in ER (1994).
- On an Irish chat show, Maura admitted getting a Botox treatment further explaining that she did not like the experience.
- Although she shares the same last name with actress Gene Tierney, they are not related.
- On August 27, 2018, she met with an accident while riding her bike when a car hit her back tire in Los Angeles.
- In 2009, she underwent surgery to remove a tumor from her breast. She finished her treatment the following year and returned to work.
- Maura officiated the wedding between her friend and actress, Parminder Nagra, and photographer James Stenson on February 1, 2009.
- She has worked as an executive producer in the making of short films like I Know Jake Gyllenhaal Is Going to Fuck My Girlfriend (2016) and MaNiC (2007).
- If she could host a dinner party for any 5 people, living or dead, she would like to have her dad for a night and have dinner with her mom, sister, brother, and herself.
- In her bathroom, she has several religious belongings related to different religions.
- The funniest thing she has read about herself is that she does morning yoga on a balcony outside of her house.
- The best design shop according to her in Los Angeles is Obsolete and Old Good Things in New York.
- If she could do anything in the world that she hasn’t done before, she would sail a boat.
- Maura Tierney is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Red Carpet Report on Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0