|Rudy Giuliani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1944|
Rudy Giuliani is an American attorney and politician who served as the 107th Mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001, as the United States Associate Attorney General from 1981 to 1983, and as the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 1983 to 1989. Later, in 2018, he joined President Donald Trump‘s personal legal team.
Rudolph William Louis Giuliani
Rudy, America’s Mayor
East Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
He studied at St. Anne’s, a local Catholic school in Garden City South. Later, he got enrolled at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School, from where he graduated in 1961.
Afterward, he joined the Manhattan College in Riverdale, Bronx, and majored in political science with a minor in philosophy. After graduating in 1965, he attended the New York University School of Law in Manhattan and graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor degree in 1968.
- Father – Harold Angelo Giuliani
- Mother – Helen (née D’Avanzo)
- Sibling – He is an only child.
- Others – Rodolfo Vincenzo Luigi Giuliani (Paternal Grandfather), Evangelina/Evangeline Giuliani (Paternal Grandmother), Luigi/Louis d’Avanzo (Maternal Grandfather), Adelina/Adlina Stanchi (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rudy Giuliani has dated –
- Regina Peruggi (1968-1982) – On October 26, 1968, he married educator Regina Peruggi and the couple has known one another since childhood. Their marriage started facing trouble by the mid-1970s and they agreed to a trial separation in 1975. When he accepted the job in the Attorney General’s Office, she did not accompany him to Washington. On August 12, 1982, he filed for legal separation from Peruggi and their marriage legally ended in two ways – a civil divorce was issued by the end of 1982 while a Roman Catholic church annulment of the marriage was granted at the end of 1983, reportedly because Giuliani had discovered that he and Peruggi were 2nd cousins.
- Donna Hanover (1982-2002) – He met journalist, radio and television personality, television producer, and actress Donna Hanover around the year 1982 and they started going out when she was working in Miami. On April 15, 1984, Giuliani and Donna got married in a Catholic ceremony at St. Monica’s Church in Manhattan and parent 2 children – son Andrew Giuliani (aka Andrew Harold Giuliani) (b. January 30, 1986) and daughter Caroline Rose Giuliani (b. 1989). Their daughter is a filmmaker in the LGBTQ+ community and has described herself as “multiverses apart” from her father and has also supported Democratic candidates despite coming from a prominent Republican family. By March 2000, Rudy Giuliani had stopped wearing his wedding ring and held a press conference to announce that he intended to separate from Hanover on May 10, 2000. He received much criticism for this act as he had not informed Hanover about his plans before the press conference. They divorced in 2002.
- Cristyne Lategano (1993-1999)
- Judith Nathan (1999-2019) – In 1999, he met Judith Nathan, a sales manager for a pharmaceutical company, at Club Macanudo, an Upper East Side cigar bar. Eventually, their affair began and in summer 1999, Giuliani charged the costs for his NYPD security detail to obscure city agencies in order to keep his relationship with Nathan from public scrutiny. On May 24, 2003, they got married but later Nathan filed for divorce from Giuliani on April 4, 2018, and the divorce was settled on December 10, 2019.
- Maria Ryan – He confirmed his relationship with Maria Ryan, a nurse practitioner and hospital administrator whom his ex-wife Nathan has alleged to have been his mistress for an indeterminate period during their marriage, in October 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
Salt and Pepper
He has appeared in TV commercials like The New York Miracle (2001) and LifeLock identity protection (2012).
Rudy Giuliani Facts
- He started his political journey as a Democrat.
- He was named Time magazine’s “Person of the Year 2001”.
- For his outstanding help and support to the bereaved British families in New York, he was given an honorary knighthood (KBE) by Queen Elizabeth II on February 13, 2002.
- His presidential bid in 2008 was endorsed by celebrities like Kelsey Grammer, Adam Sandler, Bo Derek, Kevin James, Jon Voight, and Joel Surnow.
- He was seen mocking Asians in a YouTube video uploaded on his page in October 2020. He has often been accused of racism.
- It was announced by Trump on December 6, 2020, that Giuliani had contracted COVID-19.
- In June 2021, it was revealed that he had been suspended from practicing law in New York due to spreading false information about the 2020 presidential election.
Featured Image by United States Marine Corps / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain