|Mauro Icardi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1993|
Mauro Icardi is an Argentine professional footballer who is best known for his career as a striker for Süper Lig club Galatasaray. He has also played for teams like Sampdoria, Inter Milan, and Paris Saint-Germain in the past. During the course of his career, Mauro has won several tournaments such as Ligue 1, Coupe de France, UEFA Champions League, Trophée des Champions, Coupe de la Ligue, and has been the recipient of honors like Serie A‘s “Goal of the Year”, Serie A‘s “Footballer of the Year”, and Gazzetta Sports Award for “Performance of the Year”.
Mauro Emanuel Icardi Rivero
Icardi, El Nino del partido, O canito
- Father – Juan Icardi
- Mother – Analia Rivero
- Siblings – Ivana Icardi (Sister), Guido Icardi (Brother)
Mauro is signed by one of his relatives.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mauro Icardi dated –
- Wanda Nara (2014-Present) – Mauro began dating media personality Wanda Nara in 2014, who at the time was married to Mauro’s former teammate Maxi Lopez. After Maxi found out about Wanda’s relationship with Icardi, they split up and divorced shortly after Icardi’s and Wanda’s wedding which took place in a small ceremony in Buenos Aires on May 27, 2014. Together, Icardi and Wanda have 2 daughters Francesca (b. January 19, 2015) and Isabella (b. October 27, 2016). In March 2018, as per Italian press reports, Wanda had cheated on Mauro with another teammate, Marcelo Brozovic.
Race / Ethnicity
- Ear piercings
- Blue eyes
- Undercut hairstyle
- Tattoos (Both arms)
Mauro has been sponsored by Nike.
Icardi believes in God.
Best Known For
His finishing skills and for being a physically strong striker.
First Football Match
Icardo debuted for Sampdoria on May 12, 2012, in a match against Roma. He entered as a substitute for Bruno Fornaroli in the 75th minute of the match and scored his debut goal 10 minutes later which eventually resulted in a 2-1 victory over Sampdoria.
On August 25, 2013, Mauro had his debut for Inter in a 2-0 win over Genoa.
In August 2012, he first competed for the U-20 national team of Argentina in a match against Germany.
Icardi earned his first cap for the senior national team of Argentina on October 15, 2013, in a game against Uruguay.
- Holding on to the ball
- Defensive contribution
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Mauro has been seen in the TV series Caiga quien caiga – CQC (2014) as himself.
Mauro Icardi Facts
- At the age of 6, Icardi’s family shifted to Spain’s Canary Islands.
- He started playing football in Gran Canaria in a club called Vecindario.
- In 2008, Mauro signed a youth contract with Barcelona.
- On January 11, 2011, Icardi was loaned to Sampdoria for a period of 6 months. During his loan, he scored 13 goals in a total of 19 games.
- After his successful loan at Sampdoria, Mauro was offered a three-year deal by the Italian club for the price of 400,000 euros.
- For the 2013-2014 season, Icardi shifted to Internazionale. He penned a deal worth 6.5 million euros and was assigned squad number 9. After Inter announced his signing, Icardi came off with the statement – “dream come true”.
- Before the start of the 2015-2016 season, Mauro was set as the new captain of Inter.
- In 2013, Spanish weekly sports magazine Don Balon placed Mauro on the list of top 100 young players born after 1992.
- He holds Argentinian and Italian passports.
- He was featured on the cover of the Italian version of EA Sports FIFA 16.
- On December 6, 2015, Mauro’s Hublot watch worth 29,000 British pounds was stolen after the Serie A match between Inter and Genoa.
- In March 2018, Playboy Bunny April Summers offered her shoulder for crying after it was claimed by the Italian press that Mauro’s then-wife Wanda Nara had cheated on him with Marcelo Brozovic.