|Megan Young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1990|
Megan Young is an American-Filipino actress, beauty queen, model, peace ambassador, video jockey, and television host who claimed her fame as one of the 6 finalists in the talent search reality show StarStruck in 2004. After that, she was cast in GMA’s Love to Love (2005) as Meg. Since then, she has made several notable Filipino TV show appearances as Shane in Kokey (2007), Sophia Cardenas in Rubi (2010), Marimar Perez in Marimar (2015-2016), Sarri Acosta in Alyas Robin Hood (2016-2017), and Mayumi Dela Rosa in The Stepdaughters (2018). Megan is also noted for her important portrayal in the films Say That You Love Me (2005), Babe, I Love You (2010), The Reunion (2012), and Enteng Ng Ina Mo (2011). Besides that, she is also a beauty queen who had proudly won the prestigious Continental Queen of Beauty title as Miss World Asia 2013. She also has a huge fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 2.1 million followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Megan Lynne Young
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Megan studied at the Regional Science High School III from 2002 to 2005. Later, she enrolled at the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde in 2011 to study filmmaking.
Megan also attended the Trinity University of Asia in Quezon City.
Actress, Beauty Queen, Model, TV Host, Peace Ambassador, Video Jockey
- Father – Victoria Barrientos Talde
- Mother – Calvin Cole Young III (Luitenant)
- Siblings – Lauren Young (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Calvin Cole Young, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Calvin Cole Young, Sr. (Paternal Great Grandfather), Sybil Horn (Paternal Great Grandmother), Ella Cornelia McCaleb (Paternal Grandmother), Sidney Briscoe McCaleb (Paternal Great Grandfather), Anna Matilda Farrar (Paternal Great Grandmother), Monico Candari Talde (Maternal Grandfather), Andrés Talde (Maternal Great Grandfather), Juana Candari y Tunguia (Maternal Great Grandmother), Paula Saracanlao Barrientos (Maternal Grandmother), Felixberto Barrientos y Ursúa (Maternal Great Grandfather), Valentina Saracanlao y Canimo (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Megan is managed by Arnold Vegafria of Talent Circuit.
Previously, she was signed to GMA Artist Center.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megan has dated –
- She was 16 years old when she fell deeply in love for the first time with someone she had not known for very long prior to dating him. However, despite putting her best efforts to make things work, their relationship didn’t last very long and she wasn’t able to face him ever after.
- Nico Salva (2009-2010) – Megan and professional basketball star Nico Salva started dating one another sometime in 2009. However, their relationship didn’t last and just 4 months later in 2010, the two parted ways from one another.
- Mikael Daez (2012-Present) – Model and actor Mikael Daez and Megan met one another for the first time backstage of a modeling event that she was hosting and he was walking for in 2012. Mikael had lent his jacket to her as it was a chilly night. His humble gesture won over her heart and left a lasting impression. At first, however, the two kept their relationship a secret until 2017, as they only wanted to focus on their careers.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has English, Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), Welsh, far-off Dutch, and distant German ancestry on her father’s side and Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Almond eyes
- Wide smile
- Hourglass figure
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Megan has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Security Bank
- Ligo Tuna Flakes
Through her social media, she has also either endorsed or promoted many brands like –
- Tupperware Brands Philippines
- Cosmo Skin
Best Known For
- Her appearance in several shows as Shane in Kokey (2007), Sophia Cardenas in Rubi (2010), Winnie in Mana Po (2011), Sapphire in Hiyas (2012), Marimar Perez in Marimar (2015-2016), Sarri Acosta in Alyas Robin Hood (2016-2017), and Mayumi Dela Rosa in The Stepdaughters (2018)
- Being cast in several films such as Say That You Love Me (2005), Babe, I Love You (2010), The Reunion (2012), and Enteng Ng Ina Mo (2011)
- Receiving the title of Miss World 2013
She made her debut theatrical film appearance as Anna in Say That You Love Me in 2005.
First TV Show
Megan made her first TV show appearance as an avenger in Starstruck in 2004.
Megan’s skin care routine begins with drinking plenty of water to flush out toxins. She is also very careful about what she eats. To replenish her skin, she eats plenty of fresh vegetable and fruits and never forgets to take off her make-up before going to bed.
To maintain her lustrous hair, Megan never fails to condition it from time to time.
Megan does go to the gym regularly, where she focuses on achieving a well-toned and lean physique. She also prefers to workout her abdominal and lower body region.
Though her well-developed abs seem enticing, that doesn’t stop Megan from enjoys the sugary delights of life as she loves eating chocolates, cupcakes, macaroons, waffles, flan, ice cream, pasta, pizza, as well as mac and cheese. She also likes to drink milk tea. However, she prefers to consume them moderately.
She also does not believe in the idea of dieting and finds it to be just a way of starvation. Instead, Megan chooses to eat according to her height and weight which for her is anywhere from “1,500 to 1,800 calories a day”.
Megan Young Favorite Things
- Food – Taho, Fishballs, Dirty ice cream sandwiches, Sushi, Katsudon
- Movies – Closer (2004), Fight Club (1999), Finding Nemo (2003), Tangled (2010)
- Author – Chuck Palahniuk
- Pokemon – Blastoise
Megan Young Facts
- She spent the first 10 years of her childhood in the United States and later, moved to Castillejos, Zambales along with her family.
- Megan studied at Subic Bay until 2005, after which, she moved to Metro Manila to pursue a career in acting.
- Her younger sister Lauren Young is also an actress. They co-starred in the shows MariMar (2015-2016) and Abt Ur Luv, Ur Lyf 2 (2007).
- She is very fond of pets and has two dogs named Melo and Yogi as well as a cat named Salem.
- During her younger days, she was teased by people who did not know her for her dressing sense.
- In her high school sophomore year, Megan was careless towards her studies. However, after not attaining good grades and her mother being unhappy with her, she finally started studying hard and made it right through high school.
- In 2007, she joined ABS-CBN and in 2015, returned back to its rival station GMA. She was then taken on as the 6th host to present the show Starstruck.
- Megan has won several beauty pageants such as Miss World Philippines 2013 and later went on to win Miss World 2013, and Miss World Asia 2013. She is also the first American-born Filipino model to receive this prestigious title from the Philippines.
- In October 2018, she took part in the #ZeroHunger mission organized by the Food and Agriculture Organizations of the United Nations. She has also been the face of I Am For Peace since 2012. In the past, she was also taken on as a partner at Smile Train Philippines.
- As a child, she loved playing the games Pokemon and Super Mario. Now, she’s switched it up a bit and has turned into an avid ‘RPG kind of girl’ gamer, who apart from board games like Monopoly Deal also likes to play Stardew Valley, Dota 2, Ragnarok, Fable, Assassin’s Creed, Dumb Ways to Die, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors, etc.
- The year that she was crowned Miss World, hijackers threatened to take over the place. These threats were being made by ‘The Islamic Defenders Front’ as they found the pageant to be nothing more than adultery. Due to that, the organizers of the event had to induce sarongs in place of bikinis.
- She believes in wearing whatever makes her feel comfortable.
- Megan is very fond of eating Japanese dishes.
- Her choice of perfume is anything with an earthy scent.
- To calm herself down, she likes to listen to classical music and believe or not, she also plays the piano. Megan also uses essential oils such as peppermint and eucalyptus.
- She enjoys spending her time reading especially the Harry Potter series.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Megan Young / Instagram