|Bayley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 15, 1989|
Bayley is a professional wrestler signed with WWE. She was previously NXT Women’s Champion. At the age of 11, she started going to Big Time Wrestling shows. She started her wrestling career in April 2008 (when she was 18) by starting her training with Big Time Wrestling with trainer Jason Styles. She was first seen in a video game as a playable character in WWE 2K17.
Pamela Rose Martinez
Bayley, Davina Rose
Newark, California, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
She graduated from Independence High Public School located in San Jose, California.
In her senior year, Bayley was the captain of her school basketball team called ‘The 76ers.’
- Mother – Ann B. (née Martinez)
- Siblings – Melissa (Older Sister), Brenda Marie (Older Sister), Manuel (Younger Brother)
Before Bayley joined the WWE roster, Kirk White, owner of Big Time Wrestling was her promoter.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bayley has dated –
- Donovan Tate (2008-2010) – Bayley’s IMDb profile states that she was married to a man named Donovan for about a year and a half (from November 2008 to April 2010). But, this relationship, as well as the man’s exact identity, is not confirmed.
- Aaron Solow – Aaron is a pro-wrestler from San Francisco. He first got to know Bayley while both of them were training with California based trainer Jason Styles. They eventually moved on to work with Independent Wrestling companies. In 2013, Bayley debuted with WWE’s developmental territory NXT while Aaron was also hired by NXT on and off for temporary appearances. Although Aaron has not been able to land a big break with WWE like Bayley has, he works hard to survive as a pro-wrestler and often gets offended when people undermine his hard work to highlight and discuss his relationship with an established WWE star. However, there is no dearth of love and mutual respect between the couple going by their social media activity. As of 2018, Bayley and Aaron were engaged and living together in Austin, Texas.
Race / Ethnicity
Bayley has Hispanic / Latin American father and possibly might have Welsh / American mother.
- Signature hairstyle of wearing a side ponytail and a hairband
- Bright, dimpled smile
- Ripped abs
- She was cast in a Snickers (2017) commercial in partnership with WWE.
- The face of WWE merchandise
- Her video game character debuted in WWE 2k17 and appeared again in WWE 2k18 created by 2k Sports
- Mattel toy company released a Bayley doll in 2018
Best Known For
Her wrestling performance as Bayley on the main roster of WWE’s RAW brand since 2016
First Wrestling Match
Bayley played her first match on September 19, 2008, when she was 19 for Big Time Wrestling. At that time, she used to play under the ring name of “Davina Rose”.
First TV Show
Bayley wrestled under the ring name of “Davina Rose” on sports show PWD Prime in 2008, Pro Wrestling Destination’s weekly television show.
- Bayley has been extremely athletic since her middle school. She played basketball, volleyball, soccer, and track & field sports. She continued playing basketball in high school. During the off-season, her coach made her run cross-country and track to stay lean.
- At the age of 18, she started training under the supervision of Big Time Wrestling’s head trainer, Jason Styles who taught her everything she needed to know about becoming a pro-wrestler.
- After a decade of an active wrestling career, Bayley’s body changed from lean and slim to lean, muscular, and shredded.
- Since her mid-twenties, Bayley is swearing by CrossFit. She stated that CrossFit training helps her master a range of athletic skills that she could not perform earlier and switching to this form of training, turned out to be one of her best decisions for her career.
- She trains under the supervision of CrossFit trainer, Josh Gallegos who is also a trainer to other WWE stars such as Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch.
- Bayley trains 5 times a week.
- When on the road, she simply follows the customized program written for her by her trainer.
- Back home in Austin, Texas, Bayley trains at Onnit Gym, a facility that swears by unconventional training teamed with ancient training equipment. She likes to attend all their mobility classes and switches to more challenging yet functional training that involves the use of kettlebells, extra thick jumping ropes, striking / boxing etc.
- Additionally, Bayley performs steel mace exercises that she learnt from Onnit Steel Mace Master Coach, Eric Melland.
- She learnt footwork drills from a football coach and employs plyometric drills and sprints in her workouts before a big wrestling match so that the heavy wrestling boots don’t wear her down or affect her agility in the ring.
- Coffee forms a staple part of Bayley’s everyday routine. She searches for the best local coffee shops on Google every time she is scheduled to visit a new city or country and with her friend, Sasha Banks, she loves to earmark the places that serve the best coffee.
Bayley Favorite Things
- Wrestling Idols in Childhood
- School Sport – Basketball
- Music Genre – Rock
- Band – Paramore
- TV Shows – That 70s Show (1998-2006), Friends (1994–2004)
- Accessories – Belts, Colored Socks, Beanies
- Wrestling first made its lasting impact on Bayley when at the age of 8 she saw ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage perform in his full charismatic glory on TV.
- Bayley’s mother gave her the middle name of Rose because her father (Bayley’s maternal grandfather) gifted his wife a dozen roses every week – a gesture which became an important memory for her.
- At the age of 11, Bayley started accompanying her father to watch Big Time Wrestling (BTW) local matches which gave her the aspiration to grow up and become a pro-wrestler.
- In case she could not make it as a wrestler, Bayley’s plan B was to study Psychology and become a counselor since going through her parents’ divorce equipped her with enough maturity to counsel others.
- She got dumped by her high school boyfriend when she was 15 because she talked obsessively about Matt Hardy for days after she got a picture clicked with him.
- When Bayley first started training for wrestling, she would smile perpetually in the ring, so much so that her trainer repeatedly had to ask her to stop smiling.
- Bayley’s bright and colorful WWE costumes created with the help of WWE in-house designer, Mikaze are inspired by ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage’s persona. Wearing his style and recreating some of his moves in the ring is Bayley’s way of paying homage to the legendary wrestler.
- She is often dubbed as Everyone’s Favorite Hugger or The Huggable One because Bayley prefers hugging people to shaking hands with them. She stated in an interview that a hug is her version of a handshake.
- Since Bayley was an obsessed WWE fan in her teens and preteens and usually dressed in WWE merchandise, she was often bullied for her appearance in school. Now, as a WWE celebrity, she has become an active anti-bullying advocate.
- Befitting her bubbly personality, Bayley has always enjoyed skateboarding and jumping on a Pogo stick since her childhood.
- She has an Egyptian symbol, Eye of Ra tattooed on the back of her neck.
- Bayley is an animal lover.
- The wrestler complains that she tends to feel cold most of the time and rarely feels warm.
- Pro-Wrestler and Yoga instructor, Serena Deeb has been Bayley’s mentor since 2010.
- To find out more about Bayley, visit her official page @ wwe.com/superstars/bayley.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Fort George G. Meade Public Affairs Office / Flickr / CC BY 2.0