|Melanie Martinez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1995|
Melanie Martinez is an American singer and songwriter who became a household name after appearing on the talent show The Voice in 2012. She tasted her first commercial when she released her debut studio album Cry Baby in 2015. In 2017, it was certified as ‘Platinum’ by RIAA. Her notable songs include Dollhouse and Pity Party.
Melanie Adele Martinez
Astoria, Queens, New York, U.S.
Melanie went to Plaza Elementary School in Baldwin, New York. Then, she went to Baldwin High School.
Singer, songwriter, music video director, photographer
- Father – Jose Martinez
- Mother – Mery Martinez
Electropop, Indie pop, Alternative rock
Vocals, guitar, banjo, ukulele
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
46 kg or 101.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Martinez has dated –
- Michael Keenan (2015-2018) – In mid-2015, Melanie started dating music producer Michael Keenan. She confirmed her relationship via Twitter in February 2016. Michael also kept posting about their relationship on Instagram while they were together. They separated in 2018. She also deleted pictures of them together from her social media accounts.
- Oliver Tree (2019-2020) – In 2019, Melanie started dating singer Oliver Tree. They seemed to have separated in 2020. In July 2020, Melanie unfollowed Oliver on Instagram and deleted all their pictures from her account.
- Verde – Justin Greenwood aka Verde is a D.C.-based singer, producer, and photographer who met Melanie in the 7th grade. They are friends ever since. Around 2020 and 2022, he also did a couple of photoshoots with Melanie. They were spending a lot of time together which made their fans think that they were already dating. Additionally, on March 29, 2022, she posted a topless picture of herself kissing Verde while in a pool.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Puerto Rican and Dominican ancestry.
She dyes her hair in different colors, often.
- A penchant for two-toned hair.
- Septum piercing
- Gapped tooth
33-24-32 in or 84-61-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
With cosmetics company, Lime Crime, Inc., Melanie has released two lipsticks named, Cry Baby and Teddy Bear in 2015 and 2016 respectively.
In October 2016, she appeared in the “Cry Baby Perfume Milk” commercial.
Best Known For
Her first album “Cry Baby” and reaching the top 6 in the singing talent show The Voice.
Melanie debuted with Cry Baby which was released on August 14, 2015. It reached #6 on Billboard 200 and was certified as “Platinum” in the U.S.
First TV Show
In 2012, Melanie was seen as a contestant in the singing reality competition The Voice where she finished in the top 6. She auditioned there by singing Britney Spears’s “Toxic” song.
Melanie’s performances and active lifestyle might be keeping her fit.
Though, she hates vegetables and eats about 5 chocolate chip cookies a day.
Melanie also seemed to have lost weight in 2017 if compared to her 2014 image.
Melanie Martinez Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate, choco chip cookies
- TV Show – American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Singer – Muddy Waters
- Painters – Mark Ryden, Nicoletta Ceccoli, Aleksandra Waliszewska
- Body Tattoo – Bunny on the forearm
- Vintage Store – Playclothes in Los Angeles
- Movie – Beetlejuice (1988)
- Book – Go Ask Alice (By Beatrice Sparks)
- Album – The Idler Wheel… (By Fiona Apple)
- Horror Film – The Shining (1980)
Source – Us Magazine, Wikipedia, Latina.com, Pop Crush, iHeart.com, Billboard
Melanie Martinez Facts
- Once, Melanie has had stitches on her hand and chin.
- Despite her Puerto Rican and Dominican ancestry, she doesn’t speak Spanish.
- She has a habit of wearing Lacey socks (without wearing shoes) while giving performances onstage. If she wears shoes, she doesn’t tie them.
- Her grandmother inspired her to be a singer.
- She is so fond of body tattoos that she wishes to be a tattoo artist. But, she wanted to be a singer from a young age as singing is her first love.
- Melanie loves vintage things and as a kid, collected stuffed toys, Animal Rummy cards, and Valentine’s Day cards from the 1950s and 60s.
- Her fans are unofficially called “Crybabies”.
- While growing up, she listened to a lot of music artists including Biggie Smalls (or The Notorious B.I.G.), Brandy, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, The Beatles, and Tupac Shakur.
- When in kindergarten, she started writing poetry.
- As a kid, she was very emotional and not social, so preferred to stay at home.
- She was often called “Cry Baby” by others when young (due to her emotional nature). Hence, the name of her debut album is “Cry Baby”.
- She learned how to play guitar by herself at 14.
- She is a night owl.
- Melanie is afraid of bees.
- Melanie was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of musicians.
- She is great at doing makeup and hair but not that good at nail painting.
- She prefers eating chocolate post each meal.
- She keeps losing her phone.
- When she is alone, she listens to Muddy Waters and tries to dance to every song.
- She falls multiple times a day.
- She is terrified of the dark.
- As a kid, she loved Play-Doh.
- She says her first word was ‘mine’. This is because her dad had taken the Push Pop from her hands.
- She doesn’t know cooking.
- Melanie never wears jewelry.
- In her 20s, her apartment looked like a baby’s nursery.
Melanie is not White, she’s multi racial! The Dominican Republic has Afro Latino population and she’s half Puerto Rican.
how is she multi racial??? i only see white!?
you xcan’t say that dud
Her sexuality is bisexual not straight
Honey can’t call her bisexual, she hasn’t come out to be bisexual.
she actually came out as bisexual yesterday night
I had.no idea.she.was.bisexual!
umm sorry about my long name and stuff it is kinda cool that melanie martinez iz bisexual lol