|Melinda Doolittle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Melinda Doolittle is an American singer who had come into the spotlight in 2007 when she had finished in 3rd place in the 6th season of the popular singing competition-based reality TV franchise American Idol. She has launched a studio album titled Coming Back to You (2009) and the EPs titled Melinda Doolittle (2007) and You’re The Reason (2013). Coming Back to You had peaked at number 3 on the US Indie charts. Before appearing on American Idol, she had worked as a professional backup singer for several noted American singers.
Melinda Marie Doolittle
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee, United States
Melinda had graduated, in 1995, from the Union High School, a public school in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She had later earned a Bachelor in Music degree from the Belmont University, a private Christian university in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Father – Steve Doolittle
- Mother – Marguerite Duke Doolittle
- Siblings – She has a sister.
- Others – Miara Doolittle (Niece)
She is represented by –
- Adrienne Lindsey, Manager, Champion Creative Co., Talent Management Agency, United States
- Dan Mann, Booking Agent (Concerts/Corporate Events/Speaking), Agency etc., Nashville, Tennessee, Davidson County, United States
- Dustin Flores, Booking Agent (Theatre), The Mine, New York City, New York, United States
- Paula Poeta, Booking Agent (TV/Film), The Mine, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Gospel, Soul, R&B
- Hi Fi Recordings
- 19 Entertainment
- Sonador Entertainment
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Radiant face
- Often-changing hairstyle
Melinda Doolittle Facts
- Although she was born in St. Louis, Missouri, Melinda has always considered Brentwood, Tennessee, to be her home. After her performances in American Idol in 2007, her homecoming was held in Brentwood. She had later settled down in Franklin, Tennessee.
- When she was in middle school, she had told her mother that she had wanted to participate in a musical talent show. Although her mother and her youth pastor knew that she had never sung much before, they had both encouraged her to practice as hard as she could. At the talent show, she gave a performance that was much better than everyone had expected. This is when her mother realized that she had a bright future in music.
- In her 2nd broadcast show in American Idol, she had performed My Funny Valentine, a popular jazz song by Mitzi Green. Her performance had received fulsome praise from the judges and was ranked number 3 in the American web portal and online service provider AOL‘s list of ‘Top 20’ Idol performances. Until her elimination from the show, in 3rd place overall, she had not been in the bottom two or three of the competition at any stage.
- She had performed the national anthem of the United States during Game 5 of the 2007 NBA Eastern Conference Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons.
- In April 2010, she had published a book titled Beyond Me: Finding Your Way to Life’s Next Level.
Featured Image by Melinda Doolittle / Instagram