|Michael Rosen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1946|
Michael Rosen is a British children’s author and poet who has published about 140 books during his prolific writing career. He had served as ‘Children’s Laureate’ (a position awarded in the UK once every 2 years to a writer/illustrator of children’s books to celebrate outstanding achievement in their field) from 2007 to 2009.
Michael Wayne Rosen
Harrow, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Michael had attended Harrow Weald County Grammar School as well as other state schools in Pinner and Harrow. He had also studied at Watford Grammar School for Boys, a partially selective academy for boys in Watford, Hertfordshire.
After his high school graduation, he had joined Wadham College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford, a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. He had graduated from there with a degree in English in 1969.
Years later, in 1993, he had earned a Master of Arts degree in children’s literature from the University of Reading, a public university in Reading, Berkshire. A few years later, he had attained a Ph.D. from the University of North London.
Children’s Author, Poet
- Father – Harold Rosen (Educationalist) (d. July 2008)
- Mother – Connie Rosen (née Isakofsky) (Secretary, Teacher) (d. 1976)
- Siblings – Brian Rosen (Older Brother), Alan Rosen (Older Brother) (d. 1945)
- Others – Rose (Paternal Grandmother) (Political Activist), Morris (Moshe) Rosen (Paternal Grandfather)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Elizabeth Susanna Steele (1976–1987) – Michael had married Elizabeth Susanna Steele in 1976 and they had 2 sons together named Joe Rosen and Eddie Rosen (b. 1980) (d. 1999). The couple had parted ways in 1987.
- Geraldine Clark (1987–1997) – Michael got married to Geraldine Clark in 1987 and they have one son together named Isaac Rosen. They got divorced in 1997.
- Emma-Louise Williams (1998-Present) – Michael had started dating radio producer and filmmaker Emma-Louise Williams in 1998 and they got married a few months later. They have 2 daughters together named Elsie Rosen (b. 2001) and Emile Rosen (b. 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Polish, Romanian, Russian) descent.
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a rugged beard
Michael Rosen Facts
- Michael’s middle name, Wayne, was given to him in honor of Wayne C. Booth, an American literary critic, who was billeted with his father at Shrivenham American University.
- To reduce the pain of the death of his 2nd son, Eddie, in 1999, due to meningococcal septicemia, he had authored the 2004 non-fiction book Sad Book.
- In March 2020, he had been admitted to the hospital with a suspicion that he had contracted COVID-19. Initially, his wife had been told not to admit him to a hospital as it could increase the chance of contracting other dangerous infections. However, a doctor friend had checked upon him and had revealed that his blood oxygen level was dangerously low.
- He had then been moved into the ICU in late March. His condition was such that he was discharged from the ICU only after 47 days. After returning home, in late June 2020, he had started writing a new book, titled Rigatoni the Pasta Cat, during his recovery.
Featured Image by Michael Rosen / Instagram