|Mickey Guyton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1983|
Mickey Guyton is an American country music singer and songwriter who shot to fame with her debut single Better Than You Left Me (2015) that earned her an Academy of Country Music Award nomination for “New Female Vocalist of the Year” in 2016. She has released several EPs like Unbreakable (2014), albums such as Bridges (2020), and music videos including Sister (2019).
Candace Mycale Guyton
Mickey, the nickname likely having come from her middle name
Arlington, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Michael Eugene Guyton
- Mother – Phyllis Ann Roddy
Country, Country Pop
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Grant Savoy (2011-Present) – She tied the knot with lawyer Grant in an intimate Hawaiian ceremony in 2017. In August 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together and they welcomed a baby boy named Grayson on February 8, 2021. In November 2021, Grayson was hospitalized in the ICU due to dehydration.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large, expressive eyes
- Fuller lips
Mickey Guyton Favorite Things
- Musicians – Dolly Parton and Johnny Cash, as she has loved how they have sung about things that very real and relatable
Source – Pollstar
Mickey Guyton Facts
- Despite being born in Arlington in Texas, she moved around the state a lot when she was a child due to her father’s work.
- She has disclosed that she fell in love with country music from an early age listening to Dolly Parton with her grandmother and seeing LeAnn Rimes at the fair. She has added that she became motivated to start a singing career after, at the age of 8, she saw Rimes sing The Star-Spangled Banner at the beginning of a Texas Rangers game.
- In 2020, Guyton became the first African-American woman to perform solo at The Academy Of Country Music Awards.
- She has hoped that her music is able to do much more than just the nice things like entertaining people and winning awards. She has expressed one of her main goals to be to use her platform to fight for others, particularly those who may not be able to speak out for themselves.
- Mickey has spoken about her own early experiences with racism and her songs like Heaven Down Here (2020) and Bridges (2020) portray her trying to bridge the cultural and ideological divide. Although commercial country music has never been an area that is very racially diverse, Mickey has held on to her hope that her skills and her presence would help to inspire change.
- She has also sold branded merchandise through her website that has included T-shirts, bracelets as well as autographed copies of her EPs, having believed merchandise to be a wonderful way to build community among her fans.
- In October 2021, Mickey was honored with the “Breakthrough Artist of the Year” award at the 2021 CMT Artist of the Year.
Featured Image by Mickey Guyton / Instagram