|Mikaela Shiffrin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1995|
Mikaela Shiffrin is an American alpine skier who has represented her country in various championships. She is known for being the youngest slalom champion in Olympic history and has been the overall World Cup champion, world champion in slalom, and has also won the World Cup discipline title. Mikaela is the first athlete to have won all 6 FIS Alpine Ski World Cup disciplines.
Mikaela Pauline Shiffrin
Vail, Colorado, United States
Avon, Eagle-vail Colorado, United States
Mikaela attended Burke Mountain Academy in northeastern Vermont before moving with her parents to Colorado.
Alpine ski racer
- Father – Jeff Shiffrin (Former Ski Racer and Anesthesiologist)
- Mother – Eileen (Former Ski Racer)
- Siblings – Taylor (Older Brother)
Kilian Albrecht manages Mikaela
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mikaela has been in a relationship with –
- Mathieu Faivre (2016-Present) – Mikaela began dating fellow slalom skier Mathieu in the summer of 2016. The two are in a long-distance relationship with Mathieu living in France.
Race / Ethnicity
Mikaela has Jewish roots.
Mikaela has gray eyes with a tinge of green.
- Her smile
- Her wavy hair
- Broad shoulders
Mikaela has appeared in commercials / endorsed the following brands –
- XFINITY X1 Voice Remote
- Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Super Bowl
- S. Ski Team
- Bose SoundSport Free
Best Known For
Being the youngest Olympic slalom champion in alpine skiing history at the age of 18.
First World Cup Match
Mikaela made her world cup debut in Špindlerův Mlýn in the Czech Republic on March 11, 2011.
First TV Show
Mikaela made her television show debut on the talk show the Late Show with David Letterman in 2013 as herself.
Mikaela ensures that she remains in good shape regardless of whether she competes or not. She trains with Jeff Lackie. Mikaela warms up with some basic cardio on the stationary bike and then does stretching.
Her workouts are intense and she also maintains her balance by walking on a slackline. She even posted a video on Instagram of her juggling which showcases her coordination skills. Her interval training includes sprints while pushing and pulling a weighted sled, squats, rowing machine work, and skating on a slide board.
Her trainer focuses on eccentric overload training which includes various squats and lifts with weighted training which helps strengthen her lower body.
She consumes proteins, fruits, and vegetables, and plenty of carbohydrates but in moderation. She considers pasta as her superfood and usually consumes around 3000 calories in a day.
Below is what her diet usually consists of –
- Breakfast – 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast or cereal (or oatmeal) and fruit
- Lunch – Chicken or fish along with pasta and a salad
- Dinner – Chicken or steak, pasta, and salad or some other vegetables
- Snacks – Nuts, Seeds, and Dried Mangoes
Mikaela Shiffrin Favorite Things
- Food – Claussen Kosher Dill, Pancakes, waffles, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Olympian – Michael Phelps, Bode Miller
Source – POPSUGAR Fitness
Mikaela Shiffrin Facts
- She wears a unique sticker on her helmet which says ABFTTB (Always Be Faster Than the Boys). She decided to use this after Heidi Voelker autographed a poster for her with the same acronym when Mikaela was 6 years old.
- At the age of 8, Mikaela shifted to New Hampshire with her family.
- She is fond of juggling and loves doing so in her spare time. She likes to juggle tennis balls or hacky sacks.
- Mikaela plays the guitar and piano.
- While growing up, Mikaela considered ski racer Janica Kostelić as her idol.
- She considers herself to be very sarcastic and has a dry sense of humor.
- Her dream destination is to visit Africa.
- She follows a disciplined lifestyle and sleeps by 9 pm.
- Mikaela believes in paranormal activity and believes that every time she has a bad dream, she feels that someone is watching her.
- She had her world cup at the age of 11 on March 11, 2011.
- In 2017, Mikaela was honored with the Skieur d’Or (golden skier) award.
- Mikaela is an Olympic gold medallist and won a gold medal each at the 2018 Pyeongchang and 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- In December 2021, she had tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Manfred Werner / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0