Milica Natasha Jovovich (Pronounced mee-luh yo-vo-vitch)
Mila Jovović, Mishach, Мила Јововић
Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union (now Ukraine)
New York and Los Angeles in USA. She divides her time in both the cities.
In 1995 (at 19), she became a US citizen.
At the age of 12, when Milla was in 7th grade, she left school for modeling.
Supermodel, Actress, Fashion Designer and Musician
- Father – Bogdan Jovovich
- Mother – Galina Jovovich
- Siblings – Marco Jovovich (Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Milla Jovovich married
- Shawn Andrews (1992) – Shawn Andrews is an American actor, whom she married when she was just 16 and Andrews was 21. But, the marriage was annulled (not divorced) by Milla’s mother, 2 months later.
- Luc Besson (1997–1999) – Luc is a French film director, writer, and producer and they both married in 1997 but divorced in 1999.
- Paul W. S. Anderson (2009-Present) – Paul is an English film screenwriter, producer, and director with whom Milla tied the knot on August 22, 2009. The two met during the filming of Resident Evil in 2002 and started dating. Paul proposed Milla in early 2003 and they soon got engaged in March 2003. She gave birth to her and Anderson’s first child on November 3, 2007, named Ever Gabo Anderson (Daughter). The couple welcomed their second child, daughter Dashiel Edan on April 1, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Serbian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Russian descent on her mom’s side.
Big green eyes
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm
Best Known For
Her role in Resident Evil series as Alice. The first Resident Evil film was released in 2002 and for that Milla Jovovich was nominated for the Saturn Award for best actress.
1988 film “Two Moon Junction” for her role as Samantha Delongpre.
Milla Jovovich Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Carbohydrate related like bagels with butter, peanut butter, jelly, cakes
- Favorite TV Programs – The Simpsons (1989), King of the Hill (1997-2010), Malcolm in the Middle (2000-2006)
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Favorite Book – One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel García Márquez)
- Favorite Band – Electric Light Orchestra (British Rock Group)
- Favorite Drink – Sprite
- Favorite Childhood Memory – Going to Magic Mountain (Amusement Park) with dad
Milla Jovovich Facts
- Milla Jovovich has interest in publishing her private diaries as an autobiography.
- Milla smokes and advocated for the legalization of Cannabis (drug). She says that these 2 are her only bad habits.
- Milla has fluency in English and Russian and knows a little bit of French.
- To help Ukrainian children, she established a charitable trust in 2005.
- She avoids junk food, exercises daily, practices yoga and meditation, practices Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and other forms of martial arts.
- In 1998, Milla appeared on Television also, for her TV movie “The Night Train to Kathmandu” as Lily McLeod.
- In 1998 and 2012, she appeared in Pirelli calendar also.
- Music channel VH1 (Video Hits One) referred to her as the “Reigning Queen of Kick-Butt” for her roles in various science-fiction and action films in the past.
- When she was 11, she appeared in Revlon’s “Most Unforgettable Women in the World” advertisements.
- As per Vogue, she wants to change her name from Milla Anderson-Jovovich to Milla Jovovich-Anderson and same is the case for her daughter Ever Gabo.
- She is left-handed.
- Milla Jovovich used to get teased at high school and was called “commie” and “Russian spy.”
- At the age of 9, she started modeling.
- Visit her official website @ www.millaj.com.
- Connect with Milla on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.