|Missy Franklin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1995|
Missy Franklin is an American former competitive swimmer who is a five-time Olympic gold medalist. She is also a world record holder in the 200-meter backstroke (long course) and also a world record holder in the 4×100-meter medley relay as a member of the U.S. national swim team.
Melissa Franklin Johnson
Pasadena, California, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
Missy studied at Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora, Colorado graduating from there in 2013.
She was seven years old when she began training with Todd Schmitz from the Colorado Stars club team. Missy graduated as a religion major from the University of Georgia in December 2019.
Missy also enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley in the past.
- Father – Dick Franklin
- Mother – D. A. Franklin
Missy Franklin’s net worth was ‘$3,000,000’ according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Missy has dated –
- Hayes Johnson – Missy got engaged to Hayes Johnson on September 22, 2018, who was also a swimmer at the University of Texas. Then, they tied the knot on September 14, 2019. In March 2021, she and her husband announced they were expecting a child. On August 11, 2021, they welcomed a daughter named Sarah Caitlin Johnson.
Race / Ethnicity
Missy is of Canadian descent.
Her towering physical appearance
Missy has appeared in commercials for various brands including –
- USA Swimming Foundation
- Speedo Fit
- Team USA Shop
- United Airlines
- Minute Maid
Missy Franklin Favorite Things
- Athlete – Natalie Anne Coughlin Hall
Source – The Denver Post
Missy Franklin Facts
- She was raised in Aurora, Colorado.
- Franklin was brought up as a Christian. However, she did not identify as religious.
- Missy was just 5 years old when she began taking swimming lessons after being convinced by her mother.
- Her parents convinced her to learn to swim as they were worried about her safety around water.
- She holds dual citizenship.
- Missy was 13 when she competed at the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Omaha, Nebraska. However, she failed to qualify.
- In March 2013, Missy was cast in an episode of Pretty Little Liars as herself.
- Her father was born in St. Catharines, Ontario, and is a former All-Canadian football player who played for Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. However, an injury ended his career in the sport and pushed him to go on to pursue an MBA degree at Dalhousie University where he met Missy’s mother who at the time was a medical student. Her family then settled in Denver, Colorado.
- Missy wears a women’s shoe size 13 and her father refers to her feet as “built-in flippers”.
- She announced her retirement from swimming on December 19, 2018.
- Missy was chosen to be an ambassador for the USA Swimming Foundation and Saving Lives Is Always‘ season national campaign in the past.
- She took Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism religion lessons at the University of Georgia.
- Missy regularly practices yoga.
- A documentary titled Touch the Wall was released in 2014, directed by Christo Brock and Grant Barbeito was based on fellow swimmer Kara Lynn Joyce and Franklin’s journey to the 2012 London Olympics.
- She specializes in backstroke, freestyle, and medley styles of swimming.
Featured Image By JD Lasica / Flickr / CC BY 2.0