|Mitch Evans Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1994|
Mitch Evans is a racing driver and TV personality from New Zealand. He is best known for winning Zealand Grand Prix in February 2011, thus becoming the youngest international Grand Prix winner at the age of 16.
Mitchell William Evans
Auckland, New Zealand
He attended Saint Kentigern College in Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand, but had to drop out at the age of 16 to pursue his racing career overseas.
Racing Driver, TV Personality
- Father – Owen Evans (Former Racing Driver)
- Mother – Trace Evans
- Siblings – Simon Evans (Older Brother) (Racing Driver), Laura Evans (Older Sister)
- Others – He has a nephew.
Mitch Evans is represented by Mark Webber (Manager).
20 – Jaguar
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mitch Evans has dated –
- Hannah Morris (2013) – Rumor
- Nina Dreier (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Māori ancestry on his maternal side.
Light Brown (Natural)
Mitch Evans Favorite Things
Quote – “If you even dream of beating me you’d better wake up and apologize” – Muhammad Ali
Source – Instagram
Mitch Evans Facts
- His dad once held a New Zealand land-speed record of just under 350 km/h. His last attempt ended with a crash and he spent 3 months in the hospital fighting for his life in 1996.
- At the age of 4, he went down to the track with his older brother without telling their mom and started go-kart racing.
- One of his main financial backers is Colin Giltrap, entrepreneur and founder of the luxury car dealership, Monaco Motors. Colin also financially backed racing drivers Chris van der Drift, Scott Dixon, and Brendon Hartley.
- Mark Webber, a former Australian racing driver for F1 and later his mentor and manager, persuaded him to move to the United Kingdom and live with him in 2011. If it wasn’t for him, Mitch admitted he would “probably be racing V8 supercars in Australia or trying his hand at Indycar.”
- Mitch Evans is the 1st driver Mark Webber ever managed. They met in 2009, at the Australian GP. Even though Mitch was very tempted by a good offer from Ferrari, he ultimately went with Mark.
- He bought Rafael Nadal‘s book titled Rafa: My Story in December 2012. His friends teased him with “you get someone to read it to you?” and “I will be amazed if you make it past the first 10 pages before it gets shoved under your bed” because he is not an avid reader.
- In 2012, Mark Webber predicted that Mitch would move from GP3 to GP2 next year. Mark’s prediction was correct and in the 1st racing weekend of the GP2 2013 season, Mitch raced at Sepang in Malaysia.
- Unfortunately, he suffered food poisoning in Malaysia and had problems with handling in the 1st race. Regardless of the struggle, Mitch won 3rd place in the 2nd race, and at the age of 18, became the youngest GP2 driver on the podium.
- After he made his debut for Jaguar Racing in 2016, he decided to remain in Formula E. Initially, he thought not getting to Formula 1 would haunt him for the rest of his life because it was his end goal since he started racing.
- He lived in Milan, Italy.
- He is friends or acquaintances with fellow sports stars such as Nick Cassidy, Nicolas Mahut, Nelson Piquet Jr., Milos Raonic, Anthony Joshua, Sean Gelael, Tom Blomqvist, and Antonio Giovinazzi.
- Mitch had the chance to meet some of his favorite sportsmen, DeMarcus “Tank” Lawrence and Andre Agassi in the past.
- Mitch enjoys activities such as swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, cycling, golfing, and fishing.
- He enjoys watching soccer from a stadium rather than on TV.
- Mitch and his family have 3 Labrador dogs at their New Zealand home.
Featured Image by Jaguar MENA / Flickr / CC BY-2.0