Mohamed Salah Ghaly
Mohamed Salah, Egyptian Messi
Basyoun, El Gharbia, Egypt
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Salah Ghaly
Mohamed is signed with SPOCS.
Midfielder / Right Wing
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mohamed Salah is married to Magy Salah with whom he has a daughter Makka (b. October 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Often keeps beard
- Small body
- Natural afro hair
Mohamed Salah’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 36.5 in or 93 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Best Known For
- Being one of the best Egyptian soccer players in the last two decades and even more.
- Salah won the SAFP Golden Player award for his performances in the Swiss Super League in 2013. He was also awarded the CAF Most Promising African Talent of the Year in 2012.
- Winning the 2012 Swiss Super League trophy as a member of Basel in his first year with the team.
First Soccer Match
Salah first performed as a member of El Mokawloon on May 3, 2010, in a 1-1 draw against El Mansoura.
On June 23, 2012, Mohamed made his debut for the Swiss team Basel in a friendly 4-2 loss to the Romanian team Steaua Bucuresti. He scored one of his team’s two goals in that match.
Salah had his debut for the English Premier League club Chelsea on March 22, 2014, in a match against Newcastle United. In the end, Chelsea won the match by 3-0.
After he was loaned to Fiorentina on February 2, 2015, Salah appeared in a 3-2 success over Atalanta on February 8, 2015.
On August 22, 2015, Mohamed first performed for Roma in a 1-1 draw with Hellas Verona.
He made his debut for the Egyptian national soccer team on September 3, 2011 in a match against Sierra Leone.
- Key passes
- Counter-attack threat
- Ball control
- Defensive contribution
Mohamed Salah Facts
- He began his career at the Egyptian youth team El Mokawloon.
- Salah scored his first professional goal on December 25, 2010, in a 1-1 draw against El Ahly.
- On April 10, 2012, Mohamed signed a four-year contract with Basel. His contract became active on June 15, 2012.
- On August 6, 2013, in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, Mohamed scored his debut goal in the competition in a match against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- On January 26, 2014, Mohamed officially penned a deal worth 11 million British pounds with the English Premier League team Chelsea FC.
- On February 2, 2015, it was confirmed that Salah would spend 18 months on a loan in the Italian club Fiorentina.
- Salah was once again sent on a loan to Roma on August 6, 2015. The loan was set for 12 months and was worth 5 million euros.
- On August 3, 2016, Salah officially signed with Roma in a deal worth 15 million euros.
- Salah appeared in a total of 11 matches for the Egyptian U-20 and U-23 teams.
- Mohamed Salah was the 5th highest-paid soccer player of 2020 as per Forbes with $37 million in earnings. Lionel Messi was at #1 spot with $126 million in earnings.