|Mohammed Kudus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mohammed Kudus is a Ghanaian professional football player who has played as an attacking midfielder or a right winger for Premier League club West Ham United as well as the Ghana national team.
Nima, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
He divides his time between –
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nima, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
Mohammed Kudus attended the Ghanaian Right to Dream Academy.
Professional Football Player
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers.
Attacking midfielder, Right winger
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mohammed Kudus is of Hausa extraction.
- Toned body
- Pierced ear
Mohammed Kudus has been endorsed by PUMA.
Mohammed Kudus Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Accra, Ghana.
- When he was 10 years old, he joined the Ghanaian Right to Dream Academy.
- In January 2018, Mohammed Kudus joined the Danish club Nordsjælland along with two teammates Ibrahim Sadiq and Gideon Mensah.
- He became a part of the Ghana national team in 2019 and has scored many goals.
- Three days after his 18th birthday, he made his official debut for Nordsjælland in a 2–0 defeat against Brøndby IF. He became the 9th youngest to make his debut in the history of the club.
- Kudus signed a 5-year contract with Eredivisie club Ajax for €9 million on July 16, 2020, and went on to make his official debut for the club on September 20 in a league match against RKC Waalwijk. Ajax‘s head coach Erik ten Hag subsequently described Kudus as a player with “incredible potential”.
- On October 21, 2020, Mohammed Kudus made his debut in the UEFA Champions League for the home match against Liverpool. However, Kudus suffered a meniscus injury and was subbed out after only 6 minutes. The injury kept him out for several months until his return in January 2021.
- On April 18, 2021, he won his first career trophy, the 2020–21 KNVB Cup, with Ajax after a late 91st-minute of additional time goal by David Neres.
- Mohammed Kudus suffered an ankle injury and it was announced by Ajax on July 25, 2021, that he was training separately from the rest of the team ahead of the 2021–22 season.
- On September 21, 2021, he made his return after the injury coming on at half-time to score the 4th goal of Ajax‘s 5–0 win over Fortuna Sittard.
- On November 14, 2021, Kudus suffered an injury while playing for the Ghana national team in their final 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier Group match against South Africa and that sidelined him for 3 months. As a result, he had to miss the delayed 2021 African Cup of Nations.
- On February 14, 2022, he made his return after the injury in a match against FC Twente as he replaced Steven Berghuis for the final 4 minutes of their 5–0 victory.
- With Ajax, he scored his first Champions League goal on September 7, 2022, in a 4–0 win over Rangers.
- Mohammed Kudus scored from a free-kick in the 84th minute of a league match against Sparta Rotterdam to earn Ajax a 4–0 victory on February 19, 2023.
- He signed for Premier League club West Ham United on a 5-year contract on August 27, 2023, for an undisclosed fee, which was reported to be €44.5m (£38m) plus add-ons. After John Paintsil and André Ayew, he became the 3rd Ghanaian player to play for West Ham United.
- Behind Thomas Partey, Mohammed Kudus became the 2nd most expensive Ghanaian footballer of all time in 2023.
- On September 1, 2023, he made his debut with West Ham United in a 2–1 away win against Luton Town coming on in the 91st minute.
- On September 21, 2023, Mohammed Kudus scored his first goal for the club in a group stage game of the 2023-24 Europa League at home to Serbian team, TSC Bačka Topola.
Featured Image by Carlo Bruil Fotografie / Flickr / CC BY 2.0 DEED