|Mr. Nightmare Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1992|
Mr. Nightmare is an American social media star, best known for his eponymous YouTube channel which has amassed a fanbase of more than 5 million subscribers. He gained prominence for narrating dark-themed lists or real horror stories that were commonly submitted by others.
Tyler Benjamin Ventura
Mr. Nightmare, Mista Nightmare
New York, United States
New York, United States
Social Media Star
Mr. Nightmare self-represents his career.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mr. Nightmare Favorite Things
- Video Games – Super Smash Bros 64, Conker’s Bad Fur Day, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Video Game Consoles – NES, SNES, GameCube, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2
- Ice Cream – Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Horror Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Movie – Forrest Gump (1994)
- TV Series – Breaking Bad (2008-2013), Impractical Jokers
Source – YouTube
Mr. Nightmare Facts
- He created his 1st channel in collaboration with a friend. They published gaming, skateboarding, and comedy videos.
- Mr. Nightmare created his main YouTube channel on August 3, 2014, and posted his 1st video, titled Never Invite in Strangers soon after, which was later unlisted.
- When he 1st started out, Mr. Nightmare only had a $5 pair of Logitech headphones that he had previously bought to play a video game Counter-Strike.
- He decided to create a YouTube channel after he watched MrCreepyPasta’s videos for a week without getting bored.
- He moved to Boston, Massachusetts, United States in 2015.
- Mr. Nightmare only accepts viewers’ stories if he decides they are real.
- Up until mid-2018, he has used a microphone called Blue Snowball. He then purchased a microphone named Blue Yeti.
- He edits his videos using a program named Sony Vegas.
- A popular question is whether he has received a real story too intense for the public. He has received many, but only uploaded one, which was titled The Path and then Man, this is one messed up Creepypasta... It was not received well by the viewers and too disturbing, so he had to unlist it.
- Mr. Nightmare has been associated with YouTubers who focus on similar content such as Rob Gavagan (Rob Dyke), CreepyNews, Llama Arts, Trendify, Lazy Masquerade, and Reignbot Horror.
- He has never publicly revealed his face and even pranked his viewers by uploading a picture of him but wearing a horse mask. An alleged picture of him exists but its authenticity has never been confirmed.
- Mr. Nightmare has encountered a scary story of his own. His family owned a mobile home/trailer in a remote location in Catskill Mountains, New York for decades. When he spent a summer there, he spotted a stranger lurking around. After investigation, it was obvious that the trailer was broken into.
- He once mentioned that his mother was ill with a very aggressive form of cancer and undergoing chemotherapy despite doctors calling it “untreatable”.
- Mr. Nightmare has 2 backup YouTube channels titled likeMike and awesomeguy 18181. He clarified he has a job outside of YouTube that he doesn’t plan to leave because he is not sure how long his online career could last.
- He has on multiple occasions stated he hates reaction-based YouTube channels because they can publish 5 videos per day by leeching off of others.
- Mr. Nightmare considers Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) and Matthew Santoro genuine and hard-working YouTubers.
- He has only revealed that he lives in the state of New York, and not which city. Due to increased interest, he further revealed he grew up on Long Island.
- Mr. Nightmare considers himself an old-school gamer. However, he has slowly stopped playing video games, and the last game he got ‘addicted’ to was Fallout 4.
- PC games he liked in the past include Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, and Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Mr. Nightmare doesn’t feel fear while reading horror stories. This is because he’s preoccupied with pronunciation and checking audio levels.