|Mufti Menk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mufti Menk is a Zimbabwean Islamic scholar who is the Grand Mufti of Zimbabwe’s Muslim community and is also the head of the fatwa department for the Council of Islamic Scholars of Zimbabwe. On the other hand, Menk was also named one of “The 500 Most Influential Muslims” in the world by the Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought in Jordan three years in a row in 2013, 2014, and 2017.
Ismail ibn Musa Menk
Salisbury, Rhodesia (present-day Harare, Zimbabwe)
Mufti Menk studied at St. John’s College (Harare) completing his high school years. Later, he completed his religious education and also underwent the Mufti course from Kantharia Darul Uloom which is situated in Gujarat, India.
On April 16, 2016, he was presented with an Honorary Doctorate of Social Guidance by Aldersgate College, Philippines as well as its Dublin, Ireland branch.
Motivational Speaker, Islamic Scholar, Grand Mufti
- Father – Maulana Musa Ibrahim Menk (Muslim preacher in Zimbabwe)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mufti has Gujarati ancestry.
Mufti Menk Facts
- He was raised by Gujarati Indian parents who were from the Bharuchi Vohra Patel community. His parents were Indian migrants.
- He is the Grand Mufti of a Muslim community, which only makes up around 1% of the country’s total population in Zimbabwe.
- Mufti Menk can fluently speak Gujarati and Urdu.
- His family was part of the Bharachi Vohra community and he undertook his initial studies alongside his father, Moulana Musa, with whom he spent time memorizing the Quran and learning Arabic.
- He is an anti-terrorist activist. He has also pledged his aid in curbing religious extremism in the Maldives.
- Mufti was banned from entering Singapore on October 31, 2017. Later, in November 2018, he was banned from entering Danish borders for 2 years.
- He denounces homosexuality and refers to it as “filthy”.
Featured Image By Mufti Menk / Instagram