|Mykhailo Mudryk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 2001|
Mykhailo Mudryk is a Ukrainian professional soccer player who has represented, as a winger, FC Shakhtar Donetsk (2018-2023) in Ukraine and Chelsea F.C. (2023-Present) in England. He has also spent loan spells with FC Arsenal Kyiv (2019) and FC Desna Chernihiv (2020) in Ukraine. With FC Shakhtar Donetsk, Mykhailo won the Ukrainian Premier League (the highest division of the Ukrainian soccer league system) title in the 2019-20 season and the Ukrainian Super Cup in 2021. The former title was the club’s 13th such and extended its reign as the 2nd most successful team in the competition. The latter title was the club’s 9th such and made it the most successful team in the competition. The Ukrainian Super Cup is annually decided by a one-off match contested by the winners of the previous season’s Ukrainian Premier League and the Ukrainian Cup (the premier domestic knockout soccer competition in Ukraine). At the international level, Mykhailo represented Ukraine at the under-16, under-17, under-19, and under-21 tiers before making his senior national debut in June 2022.
Mykhailo Petrovych Mudryk
MM, Ukrainian Neymar
Krasnohrad, Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Petrovych Mudryk
- Mother – Inna Nikolaevna Mudryk
- Siblings – Tatyana Mudryk (Older Sister)
- 14, 10 – Ukraine
- 91, 20, 10 – FC Shakhtar Donetsk
- 91 – FC Arsenal Kyiv
- 14 – FC Desna Chernihiv
- 15 – Chelsea F.C.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ukrainian descent.
- Toned physique
- Slightly overgrown, center-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has several tattoos on his body including one on the side of his neck which reads ‘Only Jesus’
Mykhailo Mudryk Facts
- Mykhailo’s youth career began in 2010 when, as a 9-year-old, he joined FC Metalist Kharkiv, a soccer club based in Kharkiv, the second-largest city and municipality in Ukraine. In 2014, he moved to the youth academy of FC Dnipro, a soccer club based in Dnipro, Ukraine’s 4th-largest city.
- 2 years later, in 2016, he was recruited by the youth system of FC Shakhtar Donetsk, a soccer club based in Donetsk, an industrial city in eastern Ukraine. It is one of just two Ukrainian clubs, the other being FC Dynamo Kyiv, to have won a major UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) competition. Mykhailo’s senior career started in 2018 when he was promoted to FC Shakhtar Donetsk‘s senior team.
- In August 2021, he made his UEFA Champions League (the most prestigious club competition in European soccer) debut in the 2nd leg of a play-off round match against AS Monaco FC. His cross in the 114th minute of the match ricocheted off a defender into AS Monaco FC‘s net. This own goal from AS Monaco FC gave FC Shakhtar Donetsk a 3-2 aggregate win in the 2-legged match and the team qualified for the group stage of the tournament proper.
- In both 2021 and 2022, Mykhailo was named the ‘FC Shakhtar Donetsk Player of the Year’. He was also honored with the ‘Ukrainian Footballer of the Year’ award in 2022. The latter award has been presented annually, since 1991, by the Ukrainskiy Football newspaper to the best professional native Ukrainian soccer player.
- In September 2022, in FC Shakhtar Donetsk‘s opening group-stage match of the 2022-23 season of the UEFA Champions League, against RB Leipzig, Mykhailo scored his first UEFA Champions League goal and provided 2 assists in a 4-1 away win.
- In January 2023, Mykhailo was signed up by English giants Chelsea F.C. on an 8-and-a-half-year deal for an initial fee of €70 million (£62 million), rising to €100 million (£89 million) after add-ons. This was the biggest transfer ever both for FC Shakhtar Donetsk as well as the Ukrainian Premier League. This also made him the most expensive Ukrainian soccer player of all time.
Featured Image by Mykhailo Mudryk / Instagram