|Natalia Osipova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 18, 1986|
Natalia Osipova is a world-renowned Russian ballet dancer. She is known for being the principal dancer of the Royal Ballet London and for her performances in Giselle, Don Quixote, The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Onegin, Mayerling, Anastasia, La Bayadère, La Sylphide, Esmerelda, and Solo for Two. She has won several awards including the Golden Mask award for In the Upper Room (2008) and La Sylphide (2009); Critics’ Circle National Dance awards in 2007, 2010 and 2014; and the Benois de la Danse Award in 2008. Natalia has appeared as a guest artist with many companies around the world.
Natalia Petrovna Osipova
London, England, United Kingdom
Natalia Osipova began taking ballet lessons at the Mikhail Lavrovsky Ballet School in Moscow, Russia since the age of 8. Later, in 1996, she joined the Moscow State Academy of Choreography (The Bolshoi Ballet Academy) and trained under Marina Kotova and Marina Leonova. She passed out in 2004.
Ballet Dancer, Actress
- Father – He was an engineer, but followed a career in karate until his knee injury.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Natalia Osipova is managed by Sergei Danilian, Agent, Ardani Artists Management, Inc., New York City, New York, United States.
- The Royal Ballet
- Mikhailovsky Theatre
- Bolshoi Ballet
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalia Osipova has dated –
- Ivan Vasiliev (2011-2013) – In 2011, Natalia was in a relationship with Russian ballet dancer Ivan Vasiliev. They were once a member of the Bolshoi Ballet group in Russia and have performed many routines together. In 2012, the couple got engaged. However, in 2013, they separated after Natalia moved to London to join the Royal Ballet and Ivan became involved with a younger Russian ballet dancer. In spite of their personal differences, the couple still shares a great professional relationship.
- Sergei Polunin (2015-Present) – In 2015, Natalia began a relationship with the Ukrainian-born ballet dancer, actor, and model, Sergei Polunin. They became involved during their performance of Giselle. Natalia stated that it was love at first sight for them, as they both felt a strong connection since the day they met. The couple lived together in London and has the plan to do more duos together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned figure
- High cheekbones
- Narrow jawline
Natalia Osipova hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being the Principal Dancer of the Royal Ballet at the Royal Opera House, in Covent Garden, London
- Her numerous ballet performances including Don Quixote as Kitri, Swan Lake as Odette/Odile, Giselle as Giselle, Romeo and Juliet as Juliet, Esmeralda as Esmeralda, The Nutcracker as Sugar Plum Fairy/Clara/Spanish Doll, Bolt as Manka Fart/Typist/Typists, and Solo for Two, among others
In 2011, she made her feature film debut in the romantic musical fantasy film Zhisel v 3D as Giselle.
First Web Show
In 2011, she made her first web show appearance on the musical series The Bolshoi Ballet: Live from Moscow as Kitri.
Natalia Osipova lives an active life. As a ballerina, she trains daily. Her training involves a lot of warm-up exercises and stretches before her actual dance practice.
Natalia also maintains a strict diet regime. She mostly eats salads and avoids sugar and all food items made from flour.
Natalia Osipova Favorite Things
- Choreographer – Kenneth McMillan
- Pastime – Visiting friends and sharing long conversations
- Animal – Panda
- Actor – Tom Hanks
- Comfort Food – Russian sausage Kolbasa
Natalia Osipova Facts
- Her earliest memory of dancing was her lack of interest in ballet, getting bored during training at the Bolshoi Academy, and her first on-stage performance where she felt the audience’s positive vibe.
- Her breakthrough performance was her first performance in Don Quixote while on tour with the Bolshoi at the Royal Ballet.
- According to her, the biggest myth about being a ballerina is someone putting glass in another dancer’s pointe shoes as portrayed in the Black Swan (2010) film.
- A song that would work as the soundtrack to her life would be something by Freddie Mercury.
- Her greatest ambition is to have a balanced work and family life.
- High points about her career are a new teacher or company, a new show, and a fantastic tour.
- She relaxes by watching Russian and Hollywood films.
- For red-carpet events, she prefers wearing Alexander McQueen.
- If she weren’t a ballet dancer, she would have been a painter.
- She gets her style inspiration from bygone French actresses like Fanny Ardant.
- Her last meal on earth would be Spaghetti since she avoids flour products as a dancer.
- Her biggest dream is to dance as Cinderella, Little Mermaid, and Mary Poppins.
- As her English is not fluent, she often uses the assistance of an interpreter.
- Her go-to countries are Israel and Beijing.
- She is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Natalia Osipova / Twitter