|Nayel Nassar Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1991|
Nayel Nassar is an Egyptian professional equestrian who had qualified for the International Federation for Equestrian Sports (FEI) Show Jumping World Cup Finals in 2013, 2014, and 2017; and the FEI World Equestrian Games in 2014. He regularly competes on the international Grand Prix circuit and had represented Egypt at the 2012 London Summer Olympics. Nayel has clinched 1st place in events such as Lordan – Longines FEI Jumping World Cup Las Vegas, Las Vegas National Horse Show Winning Round CSI 3, Longines FEI Jumping World Cup Del Mar, New York Masters CSI 5 (5-star) Grand Prix, and Rabat CSIO4 Designated Olympic Qualifier. He is the co-founder and CEO of Jumpr, an app that provides analytical insight for equestrian athletes to help them improve their performance.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
New York, United States
Nayel, after his high school graduation, had joined Stanford University, a private research university in Stanford, California. He had graduated from there in 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in Economics.
- Father – Fouad Nassar (Co-owner of the Kuwaiti Architectural Firm Diwan Interiors International)
- Mother – Iman Harby (Co-owner of the Kuwaiti Architectural Firm Diwan Interiors International)
- Siblings – Sharaf Nassar (Older Brother) (Businessman)
- Others – Bill Gates (Father-in-Law) (Business Magnate, Investor, Author, Philanthropist, Humanitarian, Co-founder of the Microsoft Corporation), Melinda Gates (Mother-in-Law) (Philanthropist, Former General Manager at Microsoft), Rory John Gates (Brother-in-Law) (Poet, Media Personality), Phoebe Adele Gates (Sister-in-Law) (Media Personality, Dancer)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nayel has dated –
- Jennifer Gates (2017-Present) – Nayel had started dating American equestrian athlete and social media star Jennifer Gates in 2017. After keeping their relationship private for a year, the couple had wished each other on social media after completing their first anniversary on January 15, 2018, thereby making the relationship public. They got engaged in January 2020 and tied the knot on October 16, 2021, at their home in Westchester County, New York.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Egyptian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
Nayel has been sponsored by –
- Cavalleria Toscana
- CWD Sellier
- GPA Helmets
Nayel Nassar Facts
- Born in Chicago, Nayel had been raised primarily in Kuwait. He had returned to the United States only in 2009 to pursue higher studies.
- A child prodigy, he had first started horseback riding at the age of 5. By the time he had turned 10, he had started practicing showjumping.
- In 2012, he had won the Artisan Farms Young Rider Grand Prix Series at the Winter Equestrian Festival.
- He holds the record of being the first rider to win both the Longines Speed Challenge and the Longines Grand Prix at the same event, as well as the record for being the first to achieve this with the same horse.
- In February 2019, he had won the cup at the Longines FEI World Cup Jumping Wellington after he had finished the race in 38.15 seconds.
- In August 2021, he had qualified for the final of the Tokyo Olympics with no penalties. He had participated in the individual equestrian jumping finals, finishing 24th.
Featured Image by Nayel Nassar / Instagram