|NeNe Leakes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1967|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
NeNe Leakes is an American television personality, actor, presenter, voice artist, author, dancer, and fashion designer who is best known for having appeared on the reality television series The Real Housewives of Atlanta as an original cast member and for playing the recurring role of Roz Washington in the Fox comedy-drama series Glee. In addition to that, she has also worked on a variety of other projects which include the likes of Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry, New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly, Fashion Police, Miss USA, The Millionaire Matchmaker, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, The Celebrity Apprentice 4, I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding, Entertainment Tonight, The Game, The Parkers, Let’s Stay Together, The Price Is Right, The Prancing Elites Project, Dancing with the Stars, Real Husbands of Hollywood, Lip Sync Battle, and Tamron Hall. Moreover, she made her Broadway debut as Madame in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella in 2014 and in 2015 starred as Matron “Mama” Morton in Chicago. She also had a clothing line on Home Shopping Network, before launching her SWAGG boutiques in select cities across the country.
Linnethia Monique Johnson
Queens, New York, United States
She divides her time amongst-
- Georgia, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
She went to Morris Brown College in Atlanta, Georgia.
TV Personality, Actor, Producer, Fashion Designer, Author, Dancer, Voice Artist
- Siblings – Kendle Kenya Sherman (Half-Sister)
InQuisitr has shared some information about NeNe’s mother and dad.
She has been signed to Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $14 Million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
NeNe has dated
- Gregg Leakes (1996-2011, 2013-2021) – NeNe started dating real estate investor and business consultant, Gregg Leakes in 1996 when she was working as a stripper. They got married in 1997 and have a child, named, Brentt Leakes (b. February 22, 1999). She is also the mother of Bryson Rashard Bryant, which she gave birth in December 1989. The father of the child is NeNe’s ex-boyfriend. She also has a granddaughter, named, Bri’Asia Bryant. The couple split the next year in 2010 and on April 29, 2010, NeNe filed for divorce, which was finalized on September 29, 2011. Gregg also has children from a previous marriage. Later, they reconciled and engaged for the second time in January 2013. Then, they again married on June 22, 2013, in Atlanta’s InterContinental Buckhead Hotel. In 2021, Gregg passed away at the age of 66, following a battle with colon cancer.
- Nyonisela Sioh (2021-Present) – In December 2021, NeNe confirmed her relationship with Nyonisela Sioh by sharing a picture with him on her Instagram. Nyonisela is the owner of the men’s suit line, Nyoni Couture.
Race / Ethnicity
She has dyed them “Blonde” and that too herself. She applied L’Oreal Light Golden Brown hair color using an at-home kit. Though she left a big patch at the backside of her hair which was lighter than the rest of the hair color, it all turned out okay after a couple of days.
- Hairstyle. She keeps changing her hair length as well as color.
- Frequently uses the word “honey” during talks.
39-31-41 in or 99-79-104 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
11 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41.5 (EU)
She is religious.
Best Known For
Appearing as herself in Bravo’s reality TV series The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
In 2003, she appeared in the musical comedy-drama film The Fighting Temptations for her role as a stripper. However, the scene was deleted.
First TV Show
In 2004, NeNe appeared in a minor role in the UPN’s sitcom The Parkers in just 1 episode.
NeNe is not a fan of workouts, especially gym workouts. She relies more on diet. Leakes has tried body cleanse, which really worked for her. She got satisfactory results. Check out her fitness habits here.
She is not that of a freak, who would count calories. She just focuses on moving more, eating less, and practicing portion control in day to day schedule.
NeNe Leakes Favorite Things
- Housewife (on The Real Housewives of Atlanta) – Cynthia Bailey
- Childhood Movie – Grease (1978)
- Time of the Year – Christmas
- Wine – Riesling, rosé
Source – USMagazine.com, WetPaint.com
NeNe Leakes Facts
- When NeNe was 4, she started living with her aunt in Athens, Georgia.
- In November 2013, she was hospitalized for an unknown reason. She also posted a picture of herself on social media of her lying in a hospital room.
- In June 2012, she turned from a mother to a grandmother, when she got the news that her older son, Bryson Bryant and his girlfriend, Ashley Hill have welcomed a daughter, Bri’Asia Bryant.
- In 2018, NeNe’s husband, Gregg Leakes was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. Later, he recovered from it after undergoing treatment. However, in June 2021, she revealed that Gregg’s cancer had returned. He had to be admitted to the hospital and had to undergo surgery. In August 2021, it was revealed that Gregg’s condition was critical and he was ‘transitioning to the other side’.
- She is also the owner of a TV production company called NeNe Leakes Entertainment, which she founded in 2013.
- She has a Yorkshire terrier, named, Playa.
- NeNe likes to have water from a wine glass.
- She has a celebrity crush on Simon Cowell.
- She always prays before taking off for a fly.
- She has played basketball in school and was also a cheerleader.
- NeNe believes that miracles happen.
- Some of you may not know that she can also sing a song.
- She enjoys eating seafood.
- She generally craves salty foods (such as potato chips, peanuts, etc.), instead of sweet foods (like chocolate, etc).
- In 2015, she appeared in the music video for the song If I Don’t Have You by Tamar Braxton.
- She has more than 100 pairs of shoes on her shoe rack. Besides her tall frame, she still wears high heels (up to 4 inches).
- She has done voiceover work in the video game titled Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
- In September 2020, she made the announcement of her departure from Real Housewives of Atlanta.
- In April 2022, it was revealed that NeNe had filed a lawsuit against NBC and Bravo, claiming they fostered a racist and hostile work environment. In August 2022, it was revealed that she had dismissed the lawsuit against the network.
- In October 2022, NeNe revealed that her son Brentt had suffered heart failure and a stroke.