|Tamar Braxton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1977|
Tamar Braxton is an American singer, actor, and television personality who rose to popularity as a founding member of the musical quintet The Braxtons. The group went on to release albums and songs like So Many Ways, Braxton Family Christmas, So Many Ways, The Boss, Every Day Is Christmas, Slow Flow, Good Life, and Only Love. As a solo artist, Tamar Braxton has released multiple albums including Love and War, Tamar, Bluebird of Happiness, Calling All Lovers, If You Don’t Wanna Love Me, All the Way Home, If I Don’t Have You, Blind, Crazy Kind of Love, and Winter Loversland. Moreover, her acting credits include playing Catherine in the sitcom The Soul Man and Jackie in the sitcom In the Cut.
Tamar Estine Braxton (Pronounced as TAY-mar)
Nick Name / Other Name
Tay-Tay, Tamar Braxton-Herbert
Severn, Maryland, United States
Singer, TV Personality, Actor
- Father – Michael Braxton (Was a pastor at a church)
- Mother – Evelyn Braxton
- Siblings – Toni Braxton (Older Sister), Traci Braxton (Older Sister) (Died in 2022), Trina Braxton (Older Sister), Michael Conrad Braxton Jr (Older Brother), Towanda Braxton (Older Sister)
- Others – Francis/Frances Collins Braxton (Paternal Grandfather), Eva Estine Waters (Paternal Grandmother), Rev. John Jackson (Maternal Grandfather), Beulah Given/Givens/Rumph (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed to –
- Richard De La Font Agency
- Pantheon Talent Group, Llc., Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
R&B, soul, pop, gospel
DreamWorks Records, Epic Records / Streamline Records, Casablanca Records, Universal, eOne Music
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamar Braxton has dated –
- Michael Mauldin – She was romantically involved with producer Michael Mauldin in the past.
- Robert Smith – Producer Robert Smith and Tamar Braxton were once an item.
- Chuck Smith (1998) – It is RUMORed that she had an affair with footballer Chuck Smith in 1998.
- Tricky Stewart (1999) – She had a fling with music producer Tricky Stewart in April 1999.
- Yancey Thigpen (2001) – She allegedly dated footballer Yancey Thigpen in the year 2001.
- Darrell Allamby (2001-2003) – Record producer and composer Darrell “Delite” Allamby and Tamar were married from May 2001 until February 7, 2003.
- Birdman (2002) – She hooked up with rapper and record producer Birdman in June 2002.
- Vincent Herbert (2003-2017) – In 2003, she started dating record executive and songwriter, Vincent “Vince” Herbert after she met him via one of her sisters. After dating for about 5 years, the couple tied the knot on November 27, 2008. On June 6, 2013, the couple welcomed their first child, son Logan Vincent Herbert. She filed for divorce in October 2017 citing “irreconcilable differences” and sought joint custody of their son. The divorce was finalized in July 2019.
- David Adefeso – She went out with financial advisor David Adefeso. However, he later filed a restraining order against Braxton in September 2020 for domestic violence.
Race / Ethnicity
Tamar Braxton is of African-American descent.
She has dyed her hair “Blonde.”
Tamar wears a lot of wigs to change her hair color and stays away from applying chemicals to the hair.
- Changes her hair color quite often by wearing wigs.
Best Known For
Being the younger sister of Toni Braxton and her songs such as “Love and War,” “All the Way Home,” etc.
Tamar released her debut album entitled Tamar on March 21, 2000, via DreamWorks Records.
The standard version of the album contains 14 songs, making the complete album extend beyond 1 hour in total running length.
First TV Show
As an actor, her first TV show was the comedy show The Soul Man where she played the role of Catherine in just one episode entitled “The Ballentine Hands.”
She loves Spanx. At a time, she sometimes wears like 6 girdles. She also goes to the gym.
She keeps herself fit by eating Morsel Diet.
Tamar Braxton Favorite Things
- Junk Food – Ice cream, Doritos
- Beauty Trend – Icing the face at night, which she received from her sister, Toni.
- Perfume – Dove Fresh deodorant
- Color – Pink
Source – People.com, Twitter
Tamar Braxton Facts
- Tamar started singing when she was a toddler.
- She has a separate shelf in her closet for her wigs.
- In November 2014, she launched her own clothing and shoe line called Tamar Collection.
- She used to suffer from a skin disease called vitiligo, in which a person loses the pigment of the skin at certain places.
- She has a four-octave coloratura soprano vocal range.
- Mariah Carey is her biggest musical influence. Other influences include her older sister Toni Braxton, Diana Ross, Kim Burrell, and Whitney Houston.
- With her other 4 sisters, Tamar is a part of the group called “The Braxtons.” The group was functional from 1989 to 1998. But, the group again became functional in 2010.
- If she has to take one beauty product to a desert island, she would take a lip gloss.
- Vincent Herbert was her second husband.
- In late 2015, she appeared in the dance competition show Dancing With The Stars, where she was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy.
- She always wanted her baby boy’s initials to be LV just like Louis Vuitton.
- In March 2022, Tamar’s older sister, Traci passed away due to Esophageal cancer.
- In December 2022, Tamar was hospitalized after suffering from flu symptoms.
Damm! she is too hot