|Nick Lachey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1973|
Nick Lachey is an American singer, songwriter, actor, voice actor, producer, television personality, and host who rose to acclaim as the lead singer of the multi-platinum-selling boyband 98 Degrees, which has released albums and tracks like This Christmas, 98 Degrees, Revelation, 98 Degrees and Rising, Let It Snow, 2.0, Was It Something I Didn’t Say, Invisible Man, The Hardest Thing, Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche), Circle of Life, I Do (Cherish You), and Because of You. As a solo artist, he has released albums such as A Father’s Lullaby, SoulO, What’s Left of Me, and Soundtrack of My Life. Moreover, Nick Lachey’s acting credits include playing Jason Burns in the action crime drama film The Hard Easy, Leslie St. Claire in the fantasy drama series Charmed, Tyler Vance in the sitcom I’m with Her, and Tyler in the action police procedural series Hawaii Five-0.
Nicholas Scott Lachey
Harlan, Kentucky, United States
He divides his time between –
- Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Nick went to School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) in the Cincinnati Public School District (CPS). Post that, he attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
In 1992, Nick was enrolled at the University of Southern California as a freshman.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, TV Personality, Voice Actor, Producer, Host
- Father – John Lachey
- Mother – Kate La
- Siblings – Drew Lachey (Younger Brother) (Singer, Actor), Isaac Lachey (Brother), Kaitlin Lachey (Sister), Zac Lachey (Brother), Josie Lachey (Sister)
- Others – Ralph Osmer Lachey (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Ann Morris (Paternal Grandmother), Robert James Fopma (Maternal Grandfather), Leigh Dryden Young (Maternal Grandmother)
Nick Lachey has been signed with Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
R&B, soul, pop, adult contemporary, pop-rock
Motown, Universal, Entertainment One
His net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Lachey has dated –
- Jessica Simpson (1999-2006) – Nick started dating actress and singer Jessica Simpson in June 1999. She also recorded a duet with him “Where You Are” during that time. After dating ON-OFF for a couple of years, they announced their engagement in February 2002. On October 26, 2002, the couple announced their marriage. She remained a virgin until her marriage, which she proudly announced. The couple separated in December 2005 and filed for divorce, which was finalized on June 30, 2006. They also starred in their own reality show “Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica.”
- Cheryl Burke (2006) – In 2006, Nick was RUMORed to be dating professional dancer Cheryl Burke.
- Lizzie Rovsek (2006) – He allegedly had an affair with fashion designer and reality television personality Lizzie Rovsek in February 2006.
- Kim Kardashian (2006) – Socialite Kim Kardashian met Lachey in a party for Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart in mid-2006 and dated briefly from June to August 2006.
- Vanessa Lachey (2006-2009, 2009-Present) – Nick started dating Filipino TV host and actress Vanessa Minnillo in April 2006 after she was featured in Nick’s music video for the song “What’s Left of Me”. They dated for three years until 2009. After that, they split but again came closer in the same year after a couple of months. They engaged in November 2010 and married on July 15, 2011, in the British Virgin Islands. Their wedding was filmed and televised on TLC. On September 12, 2012, Vanessa gave birth to the couple’s first son, named, Camden John Lachey. The duo also has 2 more children – a boy named Phoenix Robert Lachey and a daughter named Brooklyn Elisabeth Lachey.
- Holly Letchworth (2009) – Nick had a fling with former University of Louisiana student Holly Letchworth in July 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Nick Lachey is of Dutch, English, Scottish, Irish, German, French, and Welsh descent.
10½ (via BuzzFeed)
He has appeared in commercials on Axe Click (2006), sandals, Wendy’s, Cincinnati Bell Smartphone Holiday, and others.
Best Known For
His singles such as “Shut Up”, “What’s Left of Me”, “I Can’t Hate You Anymore” and others.
In 2003, he released his debut solo album SoulO via Universal Records. It charted at #51 in the USA. It consisted of 12 singles of about 47 minutes.
In 2005, he appeared in the film The Hard Easy for his lead role as Jason Burns.
First TV Show
From 2003 to 2005, Nick appeared in MTV’s reality TV show Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica as himself.
He takes help from the celebrity personal trainer, Gunnar Peterson. He makes Lachey do cardio, weight training, and core exercises.
Nick sticks to low carb diet and implements portion control in the diet.
Nick Lachey Favorite Things
- Pizza Topping – Pepperoni
- Artist – Sade
- TV Show – The Sing-Off (2009-)
- 98 Degrees Song – Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)
- Actress – Michelle Pfeiffer
- Color – Blue
- Sport – Football
- Word – And
- Vegetable – Carrot
- Sports Team – Cincinnati Reds
- Place – Australia
- NSYNC Member – Joey Fatone
- Olsen Twin – Ashley Olsen
- Season – Fall
- Disney Princess – Cinderella
- Alcoholic Beverage – Beer
- Action Movie – Die Hard (1988)
- Cartoon – Tom and Jerry
- Website – ESPN.com
Source – IMDb, VH1.com, BuzzFeed.com
Nick Lachey Facts
- Nick started his music career in the mid-1990s with friend Justin Jeffre.
- He is a member of the boyband “98 Degrees” (stylized as 98°) along with three other members, which also includes his brother, Drew.
- He is the ex-brother-in-law of Ashlee Simpson.
- Bruce Willis is his idol.
- He is the part-owner of the basketball team “Hollywood Fame”.
- He likes to have pie rather than cake.
- If given a chance, he would like to switch places with Joey Votto of the Cincinnati Reds.
- Barry Manilow is his guilty pleasure.
- He lost his virginity at the age of 16.
- He chooses Coke over Pepsi.
- Nick likes puppies more than kittens.
- In beard styles, he likes to keep “Goatee” rather than “Mustache”.
- He and his wife Vanessa were born on the same day.
- He prefers to have coffee over tea.
- He chews his nails.
- In February 2022, Nick and Vanessa Lachey sold their San Fernando Valley-based house for $6.3 million. The couple had previously purchased the property in 2020 for $5.1 million.
- In March 2022, Nick was charged with assault and battery against photographer Jody Santos after he allegedly punched the window of her car. After a year, in March 2023, he was ordered to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and anger management classes.