|Joey Fatone Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1977|
Joey Fatone is an American dancer, singer, actor, and television personality. His claim to fame was being a member of the famous pop boyband NSYNC where he sang the baritone part. Apart from being a singer, Joey Fatone has been a host for various television shows and has played roles in several movies and television shows. He was the announcer for the game show Family Feud for 5 years. Some of the movies he has played roles in include A Witches’ Ball (2017), Izzie’s Way Home (2016), Dead 7 (2016), Mancation (2012), and Army of the Damned (2013).
Joey Fatone was a recipient of the Gridlock Award in the MTV TRL Awards for shutting down Times Square in 2005. He has also been a nominee for several other awards such as Stinker Award, Teen Choice Awards, and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Joseph Anthony Fatone Jr.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Joey Fatone attended Joseph B. Cavallaro J.H.S. in Brooklyn, New York City, United States. He then moved to Orlando, Florida where he attended and graduated from Dr. Phillips High School.
Singer, Actor, Television Personality
- Father – Joseph Anthony Fatone, Sr. (Actor, Musician)
- Mother – Phyllis Fatone
- Siblings – Janine Fatone (Older Sister), Steven Fatone (Older Brother)
Joey Fatone is managed by –
- Livewire Entertainment (Talent Management Company), Orlando, Florida, United States
- Joe Mulvihill (Manager)
Vocals, Drums, Percussion
6 ft or 183 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joey Fatone has dated –
- Chyna – Joey dated professional wrestler, model, p*rnographic film actress, actress, and bodybuilder Chyna (Joan Marie Laurer) in the past.
- Jennifer McGill (1992-1993) – He started dating actress Jennifer McGill in 1992. They both attended Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Florida. The couple dated for about a year before breaking up in 1993.
- Danay Ferrer (1998) – Danay Ferrer attended high school with Joey Fatone and ended up joining an all-girl pop group called Innosense. They dated for a short while in 1998.
- Pink (2000) – Joey was in a secret affair with singer Pink in 2000. She claims that he took her to Friendly’s on a date and bought her an ice-cream.
- Kelly Baldwin (1994-Present) – Joey Fatone and screenwriter Kelly Baldwin met in 1994 and got married after 10 years on September 9, 2004. They had an on-and-off dating till they got married. The wedding ceremony took place in Oheka Castle on Long Island, New York and was attended by all of Fatone’s bandmates and friends. Fatone and his wife have 2 daughters, Briahna Joely (b. 2001) and Kloey Alexandra (b. 2010). Fatone’s best friend, Lance Bass, is Briana’s godfather.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Short hair
- Keeps a stubble
Joey Fatone has done endorsement work for brands such as –
- Anheuser-Busch Budweiser
Best Known For
- Being a member of the boyband NSYNC, in which he sang the baritone part
- Hosting television shows such as the U.S. and Australian versions of The Singing Bee, and on Food Network’s Rewrapped, Live Well Network’s My Family Recipe Rocks, and The Price Is Right Live! at Bally’s Las Vegas
Joey Fatone released his first album NSYNC with the band NSYNC on May 26, 1997.
Joey Fatone made his theatrical film debut in an uncredited role in the movie Matinee in 1993.
Later, he made his credited theatrical film debut as Rod in the movie On the Line in 2001.
First TV Show
Joey Fatone made his first TV show appearance as a contestant on Nickelodeon Arcade in 1992.
Joey Fatone Favorite Things
- Color – Purple
- Food – Italian
- Actor – Robert De Niro
- Author – Shakespeare
- Actress – Jodie Foster
- Movie – Billy Madison, My Life
Joey Fatone Facts
- When Joey was in high school, he sang the Star-Spangled Banner with a music group known as The Big Guys before the commencement of an Orlando game.
- The music group, The Big Guys, which he was a part of also had the Puerto Rican singer, Luis Fonsi as a member. They had performed in several plays and musicals.
- Joey Fatone loves to collect Superman memorabilia because he’s a big Superman fan.
- Joey Fatone and the NSYNC performed together in the 1998 and 1999 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant.
- His siblings worked at the Universal Studios. He also worked at the Universal Studios in Florida before he joined NSYNC. While in the studio, he played the role of the werewolf in Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue.
- Joey Fatone and Amber Benson attended the same high school, Dr. Phillip’s High School in Orlando, Florida. They were in the same grade.
- The former Boston Red Sox player, Johnny Damon, attended the same high school as Joey. Damon was a senior when Joey was a freshman.
- Joey Fatone played the role of Mark in the Broadway musical Rent for 5 months in late 2002.
- He sang baritone in the boyband NSYNC.
- Joey Fatone secured the 2nd position on the ABC reality show Dancing with the Stars in the year 2007. He lost the mirror ball to Julianne Hough and Apolo Anton Ohno. He returned to the show in the 15th season but lost in the second round.
- Joey Fatone has guest starred with his NSYNC bandmates in one of the episodes of The Simpsons in 2001.
- He was the host of The Singing Bee produced by NBC and also hosted the Australian version of The Singing Bee which was broadcast on the Nine Network.
- In 2008, Joey was featured in an episode of Hannah Montana as a character named Joey Vitolo, who owns a restaurant and keeps persuading Hannah Montana to sing, so, she can help her brother.
- He has performed with Steel Panther on West Hollywood House of Blues in the past.
- Joey Fatone is also very interested in business and makes money from it apart from his movie and acting career. He established his own hot dog business in 2017 and opened a stand at a mall in Orlando, known as Fat One’s Hot Dogs & Italian Ice. His hot dog joint rose to fame after being featured in a television show, Impractical Jokers.
- Joey Fatone’s hot dog stand later became a food truck in 2017 when the stand in the mall was shut down.
- He co-hosted a live TNA wrestling pre-show along with Jeremy Borash in 2009.
- He performed in Rock of Ages at The Palazzo, Las Vegas in 2015.
- Joey Fatone was raised in Bensonhurst.
- Joey Fatone was a voice actor with his best friend Lance Bass on episodes of Disney’s Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken (2005-2009) and Kim Possible (2004).
- Follow Joey Fatone on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Joey Fatone / Instagram