|Nivetha Thomas Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nivetha Thomas is an established Indian actress and architect who is best known for her appearance in Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil language films. She started her career in the showbiz industry as a child artiste in Sun TV’s Raja Rajeswari in 2000 and then appeared in several other shows on the channel such as My Dear Bootham (2004-2007), Shivamayam (2004-2006), and Arase (2007-2008). Later, she made her debut film appearance in Malayalam movie Veruthe Oru Bharya in 2008. Thereafter, she has starred in more than a dozen hit films including Chaappa Kurish (2011), Thattathin Marayathu (2012), Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham (2013), Jai Lava Kusa (2017), and Brochevarevarura (2018). However, her most notable roles were as Catherine in Gentleman (2016) and Pallavi in Ninnu Kori (2017). Apart from that, Nivetha also has a huge fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Kannur, Kerala, India
Nivetha studied at the Montfort Higher Secondary School in Chennai and went to attain a degree in Architecture from SRM University.
- Siblings – Nikhil Thomas (Younger Brother)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Her parents are of Malayali descent.
- Thick eyebrows
- Wide smile
- Heartshaped lips
Nivetha has appeared in several brand commercials including Tata Goldplus.
Through her social, she has either endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Harini Fine Jewellery
- Akoya Jewels
- The Deccan Story
- Ritika Sachdeva
Best Known For
- Being cast as Nafiza in Chaappa Kurish (2011), Fatima in Thattathin Marayathu (2012), Catherine in Gentleman (2016), and Pallavi in Ninnu Kori (2017)
- Starring in several other hit films such as Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham (2013), Jilla (2014), Jai Lava Kusa (2017), Juliet Lover of Idiot (2017), 118 (2019), and Brochevarevarura (2019)
As a child artiste, Nivetha made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Anjana Sugunan in Veruthe Oru Bharya in 2008.
As an adult, she made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Young Grace in Pranayam in 2011.
Nivetha made her debut Tamil theatrical film appearance as a child artiste in the role of actress 888’s sister in Kuruvi in 2009.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as an adult with the role of Tamizhselvi in Poraali in 2011.
Nivetha made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Catherine in the hit drama film Gentleman in 2016.
First TV Show
She made her debut TV show appearance as Gowri Sun TV’s Raja Rajeswari in the year 2000.
She does go to the gym at least 5 times a week in order to keep herself looking fit and feeling healthy. Her workout routine mostly consists of light to medium weight exercises. Apart from that, the workout videos that she uploads to her Instagram shows her performing exercises such as kettlebell front raises and bent over rows.
Nivetha does not follow any kind of strict diet routine and eats to her heart’s content. However, she prefers to consume healthy food.
Nivetha’s secret to having beautiful skin is drinking plenty of water and eating healthy non-oily food.
Nivetha Thomas Favorite Things
- Actor – Kamal Haasan, Nani
- Living Musician – A. R. Rahman
- Spice – Chilli Powder
- Subject To Teach – Architecture
- TV Show – Orange Is The New Black, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? (2007-2015)
Nivetha Thomas Facts
- She spent her childhood days in Kannur, Kerala, before moving to Chennai, Tamil Nadu along with her family.
- Nivetha made her first appearance in the showbiz industry when she was barely 5 years old in Sun TV’s Raja Rajeswari (2000).
- She was 13 years old when she made her silver screen debut in Veruthe Oru Bharya (2008). Her outstanding performance also won her the Kerala State Film Award for “Best Child Artist” in 2009. Also part on the list receivers of KSF Award is well-known stars like Sridevi, Gourav Menon, and Chetan Jaylal.
- In September 2014, Nivetha started an eponymous YouTube channel. However, the only video that she uploaded to the account was an introductory video of her official Facebook page.
- After starring in the film Juliet Lover of Idiot in 2017 alongside actor Naveen Chandra, she took a break during 2018 in order to focus on her studies at university. Later, she returned to the big screen in the hit action film 118 in 2019.
- Besides pursuing acting professionally, Nivetha is also an architect.
- She has worked alongside several highly-regarded stars like Nani, Sudheer Babu, Rajinikanth, Shalini Pandey, Jr. NTR, Vineeth Sreenivasan, Fahadh Faasil, Roma Asrani, and Remya Nambeesan.
- Nivetha finds actor Nani to be the best in the Telugu industry. She is also a huge fan of his films and has watched almost every film that he’s done. Nivetha also credits him for her success in the film Gentleman (2016).
- In her free time, she plays badminton or rides around town on a bicycle. Nivetha also prefers not to hang out with people a lot and rather enjoys traveling to different places.
- She shed a tear onset after the last take of the film Gentleman (2016) was done.
- Nivetha once stated that she enjoyed stargazing and wanted to do space architecture.
- In 2016, she was awarded the South Indian International Movie Award for “Best Debutant Actress”.
- Nivetha has not been on a blind date as of 2019.
- She once tried to cheat during her 12th class exam to seem cool. However, she was not able to bring herself to terms with cheating.
- Nivetha does not consume any kind of alcoholic beverages.
- In an interview, with Telugu Filmnagar, Nivetha chose the ‘I Have Never’ option when asked: “Have you ever kissed on your first date ?”
- She had once prank-called the police.
- The most under-rated film that Nivetha had seen until 2016 was Papanasam (2015).
- She once had a pet named Figococo.
- Nivetha is addicted to color wheel games.
- Her craziest fantasy is to have a cup of coffee on a mountain in Switzerland.
- Nivetha enjoys wearing dresses that are black or have the shade mixed in with other colors.
- She had achieved straight A’s during her schooling days.
- In order to memorize things, she reads sentences loudly while writing them down.
- Nivetha dislikes the smell of cigarette smoke.
- Her one weakness revolves around being criticized by people who she knows especially.
- She is very good at riding Royal Enfield’s Bullet.
- Until 2016, the only adventurous thing that Nivetha had done was snorkeling.
- If she were to have a superpower of her own, it would be to be able to stop a fight that takes place anywhere in the world.
- She can fluently speak in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi. She can also switch between language without stopping.
- Nivetha is the kind of person who follows the latest trends around town.
- She enjoys getting watches and sunglasses for gifts. She also often presents herself with her father’s watches.
- In an interview with Telugu Filmnagar, Nivetha states that she has never lied. She also stated that if she had not been an actress or in the future chooses to quit the entertainment industry, she would do a Ph.D. and become a teacher.
- She enjoys eating chocolates.
- Her best friends in the entertainment world are director Mohan Krishna Indraganti, actor Nani, and playback singer Srinivas.
- Nivetha’s name is commonly misspelled as it ends with a “tha” which also sounds as “da” and “dha”.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Nivetha Thomas / Instagram