|Nuri Şahin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1988|
Nuri Şahin is a Turkish football manager and former professional player who is best known for being the manager of Antalyaspor. He had served as a central midfielder for teams like Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Liverpool, and Werder Bremen in the past. During the course of his career, Nuri has won several tournaments such as KNVB Cup, DFB-Pokal, DFL-Supercup, UEFA European Under-17 Championship, La Liga, and has been the recipient of honors like VDV Bundesliga‘s “Player of the Season” and UEFA European Under-17 Championship‘s “Golden Player”.
Lüdenscheid, West Germany
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Savas Şahin
- Mother – Nezaket Şahin
- Siblings – Ufuk Şahin (Brother)
Nuri is signed with Int. Soccer Mgmt.
He wore the #4 shirt during his time in Liverpool.
Nuri wore a number 8 shirt during his time with Borussia Dortmund.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nuri married his cousin Tugba Şahin in November 2007. Together, the couple has one child, son Omer (b. September 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
- Green eyes
Şahin has signed a deal with the sportswear brand Nike.
Also, Nuri has been featured in a TV commercial for Opel and Turkcell.
Şahin is a Muslim.
Best Known For
- Şahin is mostly known for his passing skills and vision on the soccer pitch.
- Also known for being the Bundesliga Player of the Season in 2010-2011.
- Winning the 2010-2011 Bundesliga trophy as a member of Borussia Dortmund, and the 2011-2012 La Liga title as a member of Real Madrid.
First Soccer Match
On August 6, 2005, Şahin had his debut for Borussia Dortmund. At that time, he became the youngest player to perform in the Bundesliga, being only 16 years and 334 days old.
On November 6, 2011, Şahin debuted for Real Madrid in a 7-1 win over CA Osasuna.
Şahin made his competitive debut for Liverpool on September 2, 2012, in 2-0 loss to Arsenal in a match of Premier League.
On October 8, 2005, Nuri played his first match for the national team of Turkey against Germany.
- Ball interception
Nuri has no significant weaknesses.
First TV Show
Nuri was first seen in sports documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio as himself in an episode dated October 8, 2005.
Nuri Şahin Facts
- He spent his childhood in the German town Meinerzhagen.
- Şahin speaks German, Turkish, English, Dutch, and Spanish.
- Despite he was born in Germany, Nuri never represented or performed for Germany.
- He holds dual citizenship of Germany and Turkey.
- Nuri started playing soccer at the age of 6. He trained in the local club RSV Meinerzhagen where he stayed for 7 seasons.
- Şahin signed his first professional contract with the German Bundesliga team Borussia Dortmund in 2001.
- On July 5, 2007, Nuri was sent on a one-year loan to the Dutch team Feyenoord. After his loan period was over, Nuri came back in Borussia where he played during the end of 2009-2010 season.
- On May 9, 2011, Şahin moved to the famous Spanish team Real Madrid and signed a six-year deal.
- Nuri was once again sent on a loan to the English team Liverpool on August 25, 2012. During his time with the “Reds”, Şahin enjoyed playing alongside Liverpool’s captain (at that time) Steven Gerrard.
- Şahin was a member of Borussia Dortmund’s squad that won the 2013 DFL-Supercup. In the finals, Borussia beat their biggest rival Bayern Munich by 4-2.