|Tom Austen Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1987|
Tom Austen is an English actor and voice actor who is known for having been cast as Jasper Frost in the primetime television soap opera The Royals, Guy Hopkins in the ITV detective drama series Grantchester, Marc Bayard in the police procedural television series Jo, Daimon Helstrom in the action-adventure drama television series Helstrom, Mac in the comedy-drama series Beaver Falls, Cody in the Freeform comedy-drama series The Bold Type, Raffaello Pallavicini in the historical fiction-drama television series The Borgias, and Josh Cross in the ITV crime drama series Unforgotten. In addition to that, Tom Austen has also been cast in several other on-screen projects which include the likes of Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon, Ironclad: Battle for Blood, Shameless, Doctors, Bitter Harvest, No. 89, Misfits, Agatha Christie’s Poirot, and London Irish.
Taunton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tom Austen was enrolled at the Queen’s College, Taunton.
He later studied at the prestigious Guildhall School of Music and Drama for a two-year course.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Siblings – Freddy Carter (Younger Brother) (Actor, Director)
- Others – His grandparents live in English Countryside.
Tom Austen has been represented by –
- The Artists Partnership, London, England, United Kingdom
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Austen has dated –
- Alexandra Park – Since The Royals was first broadcast in 2015, Tom Austen has been relentlessly linked up with his co-star and on-screen flame Alexandra Park. And, these dating rumors aren’t without a base, and in fact, Tom and Alexandra are to be blamed for such rumors. They have been ever-present in each other’s social media feeds. Now, it is common to have your co-workers in your Instagram posts but Tom and Alexandra seem to have a completely different equation than that of friends. They are very hands-on and cozy in their pictures, often linking arms and cuddling up to each other. Their pictures on beaches seem to scream that they are indeed dating. Plus, they often tweet about missing each other.
Note – In 2013, Tom was rumored to be in a relationship with an unidentified woman. She accompanied him as a guest on a number of public events such as the screening of Olympus Has Fallen and the premiere of The Big Wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and lanky body frame
- Chiseled jaw line
Best Known For
- Being cast as Jasper Frost in the contemporary drama TV series, The Royals
- Having played the role of Guy Hopkins in the ITV detective series, Grantchester
In 2013, Tom made his film debut in a minor role in the action-adventure movie, Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon.
First TV Show
In 2010, Tom made his first TV show appearance in the Gang Wars episode of the adult dramedy, Shameless.
To keep himself in shape, he hits the gym with certain regularity. He also has an active lifestyle and enjoys a host of outdoor activities like hiking and swimming, which allows him to have fun while working out.
Tom Austen Facts
- His agent had first asked to read him for the role of Prince Liam in The Royals. He wasn’t entirely sure about his suitability for the role but still decided to go along.
- When he was about to get on the train for another audition, he received a call from his agent about an opening for another character, Jasper. By the time he reached for auditions, he had made up his mind that he only wanted Jasper’s role.
- He got a significant breakthrough after he joined the main cast of the comedy-drama, Beaver Falls, as Mac. However, he had auditioned for the role of Flynn in a season before he was actually signed up for the show.
- While he was studying at the prestigious Guildhall, he was cast in the role of Marullus in their production of Julius Caesar and as Ralph in the production of Lord of the Flies.
- Alongside Roxanne McKee, Michelle Fairley, and Danny Webb, he co-starred as Guy de Lusignan (a hardened mercenary who fought as a squire at the famous siege of Rochester Castle) in the 2014 epic war film Ironclad: Battle for Blood. The film serves as the sequel to the 2011 film Ironclad.
- He did voiceover work for Robin/Tim Drake in the video game Batman: Arkham VR in 2016.
- He appeared as Taras in the 2017 period romantic-drama film Bitter Harvest, starring Max Irons, Samantha Barks, Barry Pepper, and others.
- In 2020, he brought to life the character of Daimon Helstrom (an ethics professor who hopes to save those close to him from demons) in the superhero fantasy drama series Helstrom. His co-stars for the project include Sydney Lemmon, Elizabeth Marvel, Robert Wisdom, Ariana Guerra, June Carryl, and Alain Uy.