|Olivia Hussey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1951|
|Spouse||David Glen Eisley|
Olivia Hussey is an English actress and voiceover artist who shot to spotlight by starring as Juliet in the 1968 British-Italian romantic tragedy film, Romeo and Juliet, which is Franco Zeffirelli’s film version of the celebrated Shakespearean tragedy. Over the years, she has also been cast in a variety of roles in other movies such as Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Social Suicide, Psycho IV: The Beginning, and Quest of the Delta Knights.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Los Angeles, California, United States
Olivia Hussey attended the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts located in London, England for 5 years.
Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Osvaldo Ribó (Opera Singer)
- Mother – Joy Hussey (Secretary)
- Siblings – Andrew Osuna (Younger Brother)
- Others – Dora Lean (Maternal Grandmother), John Lean (Maternal Great Grandfather), Christina Paterson Orr (Maternal Great Grandmother), Anthony Eisley (Father-In-Law) (Actor), Judith Tubbs Eisley (Mother-In-Law), Jonathan Erickson Eisley (Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Stuntman), Nan R. Eisley (Sister-In-law), Amanda Eisley (Sister-In-law)
Olivia Hussey is represented by Justice & Ponder, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Hussey has dated –
- Leonard Whiting (1967)
- Christopher Jones (1968-1969)
- Terry Melcher (1969)
- Dean Paul Martin (1971-1978) – Olivia Hussey got married to the late American pop singer and film and television actor, Dean Paul Martin, in 1971 and in 1973, the duo was blessed with a son named Alexander Gunther Martin. However, the marriage ended in divorce in 1978.
- Akira Fuse (1980-1989) – She tied the knot with Japanese singer Akira Fuse in 1980 and they had 2 wedding ceremonies, including an Indian one. They parent a son named Max (b. 1983) and in 1989, the couple ended the marriage with a divorce.
- David Glen Eisley (1991-Present) – In 1991, she married the American musician, singer, songwriter, and actor, David Glen Eisley, and they have been blessed with a daughter named India Eisley (b. October 1993), who has established herself as an actress.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Olivia Hussey is of Argentinian descent on her father’s side and has English and Scottish roots on her mother’s side.
- Pointed chin
- Deep-set eyes
In 1979, Olivia Hussey appeared in a commercial for Kanebo cosmetics alongside Akira Fuse.
She grew up as a Roman Catholic.
Olivia Hussey Favorite Things
- Horror Movie – Psycho (1960)
Source – IMDb
Olivia Hussey Facts
- She was 2 years old when her parents divorced.
- She has been classmates with English television personality Sharon Osbourne.
- Olivia Hussey’s portrayal of Juliet in Franco Zeffirelli’s Romeo and Juliet won her the 1969 David di Donatello Award for “Best Actress” as well as the 1969 Golden Globe Award in the “Most Promising Female Newcomer” category.
- She has struggled with agoraphobia, an anxiety disorder, which was also a reason behind her quitting acting for 2 years after the success of her film, Romeo and Juliet.
- In 2000, Olivia Hussey voiced the character of Talia in the American animated television series, Batman Beyond.
- On July 31, 2018, her memoir titled The Girl on the Balcony: Olivia Hussey Finds Life After Romeo and Juliet, was released.
Featured Image by Unknown / eBay / Public Domain