|Oriini Kaipara Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Year of Birth
Oriini Kaipara is a New Zealand broadcaster, journalist and translator, and interpreter of te reo Māori. In 2021, she gained worldwide attention after becoming the first person with a face tattoo to host prime-time news.
Oriini was born in the year 1983.
Whakatāne, New Zealand
Oriini attended Kura Kaupapa Māori, before going on to train at South Seas Film and Television School where she pursued a National Diploma in Film and Television Production. Later, she went on to study at Te Wānanga o Aotearoa in 2007.
She had attained her Māori Translator’s license from Te Taura Whiri I Te Reo Māori in 2017.
TV Presenter, Journalist
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note: Though not much is known about her personal life, she has sons named Paetawhiti and Nikau and a daughter named Ngarongokahira. She has one other child.
Race / Ethnicity
Oriini has Māori and Pākehā ancestry.
- She has moko kauae face tattoo.
- Thick eyebrows
Oriini Kaipara Facts
- One of the earliest posts that Oriini uploaded to her Instagram account was on January 22, 2016. It was a picture that was taken in Waimana, New Zealand.
- Oriini’s iwi are Tūhoe, Ngāti Awa, Tūwharetoa, and Ngāti Rangitihi.
- She started working at Newshub Live as a news anchor/journalist in May 2021.
- The Māori Television program Native Affairs announced that she was of Māori ancestry.
- In the past, Oriini had worked with TVNZ 1, Māori Television, and Mai FM.
- She was presented with the title of Voyager Best Māori Affairs Reporter for her work on Native Affairs in 2018.
Featured Image By Oriini Kaipara / Instagram