|Rahul Ramakrishna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rahul Ramakrishna is an Indian actor, writer, and journalist who is best known for his work in films such as Jayammu Nischayammu Raa (2016), Arjun Reddy (2017), Bharat Ane Nenu (2018), Geetha Govindam (2018), Brochevarevarura (2019), Jathi Ratnalu (2021), and Net (2021). He has also acted in short films and web series such as Gangstars (2018) and Nirudyoga Natulu (2018).
Secunderabad, Telangana, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Rahul, after his high school graduation, had joined Vidya Jyothi Institute of Technology (VJIT) in Hyderabad. He was studying mechanical engineering there but had dropped out after the 2nd year.
Actor, Writer, Journalist
- Father – His father was a yoga instructor.
- Mother – His mother is an assistant editor for a business magazine.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Center-parted, wavy, tousled hair
- Often sports a thick beard
Rahul Ramakrishna Facts
- After dropping out of college, Rahul had started working as a journalist in evening dailies such as Post Noon and Metro India. He had also worked as a translator for journalists who used to visit Hyderabad on assignments. He had even had a short stint as a movie review writer for a website affiliated with The Hindustan Times, a leading Indian English-language daily newspaper.
- Around this time, he had worked several odd jobs including songwriting and screenwriting. He had also served as a presenter for a cooking-based TV show. He had then worked as a member of the production crew of several theatre groups and this was the first time that he had developed an interest in acting.
- Rahul had joined a workshop with noted playwrights and activists N Madhusudan and Dr. Sagari Ramdas who became his mentors. His first acting credit was a short film titled Sainma and his performance was received positively by critics which had led him to be signed up to play the main lead’s supporting friend in a comic role in Jayammu Nischayammu Raa, a 2016 Telugu film. For the former film, he had also penned the lyrics of a song.
- His breakthrough came a year later when his portrayal of the supporting character of Shiva in the blockbuster film Arjun Reddy had earned him a massive fan following. He had won the ‘Best Comedian (Telugu)’ award for his performance at the 2018 SIIMA (South Indian International Movie Awards) Awards. The success of the film and appreciation for his performance had then opened up the doors for several acting offers for him in Telegu-language films and web series.
- In the 2018 romantic comedy film Geetha Govindam, he had played a similar role portraying the character of Ramakrishna. It was another milestone in his career as the film opened to massive collections and went on to become a commercial blockbuster in the Telugu film industry. It had eventually crossed the mark of 1 billion rupees in the box office collection.
- Besides acting and songwriting, he is also an accomplished singer. He has lent his vocals to a song each in the films Husharu (2018) and Guvva Gorinka (2020).
Featured Image by Rahul Ramakrishna / Instagram