|Orville Peck Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1988|
Orville Peck is a musician, singer, and actor who released his debut album Pony in 2019. He has stated that he “wrote, produced and played every instrument he could” on the album while he was working in a coffee shop and living with his parents. The album was nominated in the “Alternative Album of the Year” category at the Juno Awards of 2020. Peck has also released tracks and extended plays including Show Pony, No Glory in the West, and Unchained Melody / You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ (with The Unrighteous Melody and Paul Cauthen).
He has stated that he was born somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere.
Orville Peck trained in ballet for 12 years. Later, when he was in his mid-20s, he shifted to London to study acting at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Musician, Singer, Actor
Country, Alternative Rock
Columbia Records, Sub Pop
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears a fringed Lone Ranger mask
- Tattoos on his arms
Orville Peck Facts
- He is the son of a sound engineer.
- During his childhood years, he did voice-over work for cartoons and other media.
- Orville Peck has performed in musical theatre.
- Due to the similarities of tattoos, it is speculated that Peck is a persona of Daniel Pitout, drummer of the Canadian punk band Nü Sensae. Orville Peck has also mentioned that he was in a punk band. Moreover, Pitout was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, and Peck has said that he grew up in a well-known part of the Southern Hemisphere.
- One of the other factors that fuel the speculation of Orville Peck being a persona of Daniel Pitout is that Pitout also starred as a replacement in Peter Pan Goes Wrong in the West End in 2016 and this lines up with Peck mentioning that he was in a West End play while he lived in London.
- Orville Peck’s debut studio album titled Pony included songs like Queen of the Rodeo, Big Sky, Turn to Hate, Roses Are Falling, Dead of Night, Nothing Fades Like the Light, Old River, and Hope to Die. It was ranked at number #5 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart.
- He has appeared on shows like The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and The X Change Rate.
- Discussing his reasons for wearing a mask to perform, Peck has stated that “the only reason I don’t talk about it in depth is not because I want to dodge any questions, but because I want people to have their own take on it. I don’t want to lay it out and pin it down. I just don’t think that’s important.”
Featured Image by Orville Peck / Instagram