|Paco Alcácer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 30, 1993|
|Girlfriend||Beatriz Viana López|
Paco Alcácer started attracting the attention of the Spanish establishment in the 2013-14 season. After having scored his first goal in January 2013, he went on a rampage and finished the season with 14 goals to his name. He had scored 7 goals in the UEFA Europa League that season, which made him the second-best goal scorer. Despite his team’s struggles in the next few seasons, he continued his rise and soon attracted attention from Barcelona, who were looking to add another dimension to their attacking play. But, he failed to break Luis Suarez’s stronghold as a center-forward and decided to join Borussia Dortmund to get his career back on track.
Francisco Alcácer García
Torrent, Valencia, Spain
Paco Alcácer polished his skills and game at the youth academy of the Spanish club, Valencia CF.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Paco Alcacer (He passed away in August 2011 after suffering a fatal heart attack outside the Mestalla stadium, where he had seen his son score a goal in a friendly match against A.S. Roma. He was leaving the stadium with his wife and son Paco after the end of the match.)
- Mother – Imma Garcia
- Siblings – Jorge Alcácer García (Brother)
Paco Alcácer is represented by Toldrá Consulting.
27, 16, 9 – Valencia CF
17 – FC Barcelona
9 – Borussia Dortmund
9, 22 – Spain National Team
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paco Alcácer has dated –
- Beatriz Viana López – Paco Alcácer is in a relationship with the Spanish beauty, Beatriz Viana López. As per the reports, they had been dating for quite a long time. In 2018, she gave birth to their baby girl, Martina.
Race / Ethnicity
Paco Alcácer has signed a personal endorsement deal with Nike. The sponsorship deal requires him to wear Nike cleats for his professional as well as international teams.
Best Known For
- His consistent performances for the Spanish side, Valencia CF. Until 2017, he had played 124 matches and scored 43 goals for the club.
- Having played for some of the most popular soccer clubs such as FC Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund
First Soccer Match
In November 2010, he made his professional debut with Valencia CF in a Copa del Rey match against UD Logroñés. He started the match and played full 90 minutes in a 4-1 win.
In September 2016, Alcacer made his debut for Barcelona in a La Liga match against Alavés. With his side chasing the game, he was substituted by Luis Suarez in the 66th minute. He couldn’t make much of an impact and his side also lost by 2-1.
He made his first appearance for Borussia Dortmund in September 2018 in a Bundesliga home match against Eintracht Frankfurt. He replaced Maximilian Philipp in the second half and scored the last goal in his side’s 3-1 win.
In September 2014, he made his international start for Spain national team in a friendly match against France. He replaced Diego Costa in the second half of his side’s 0-1 defeat.
- Link-up play
- Aerial ability
- Attacking movement
- Offside awareness
- Defensive work rate
Paco Alcácer Facts
- He scored his first top division goal in January 2013 during his loan spell at Getafe as he scored his side’s only goal in a match against Rayo Vallecano, which ended in a 3-1 defeat.
- In January 2014, he scored his first goal for Valencia CF in a La Liga match against Espanyol, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
- He scored the first hattrick of his professional career in Valencia‘s second leg match of UEFA Europa League quarter-finals against Basel in April 2014. His side was trailing by 3-0 after the first leg match but managed to overturn the deficit with a 5-0 win.
- After Helder Postiga left the club, Paco was assigned the number 9 jersey at the start of the 2014-15 season by the Valencia club management.
- In January 2015, he signed a contract extension with Valencia, which extended his stay with the club until 2020. The new contract also increased his buyout clause to €80 million.
- In December 2014, he was shown the first red card of his professional career in a La Liga match against Granada. He was punished for striking Granada‘s winger, Juan Carlos.
- The Valencia manager Gary Neville stripped him off of captaincy in January 2016 after a poor run of results. The captaincy was handed to midfielder Daniel Parejo.
- Barcelona decided to pay a transfer fee of €30 million in August 2016 to secure his services. Paco Alcacer signed a 5-year deal with his new club.
- He scored his first goal for Barcelona in December 2016 in a Copa del Rey match against Hércules. The Catalan side romped to a victory by 7-0.
- In his debut season with Barcelona, he managed to win the Copa del Rey trophy. He even scored the final goal in his side’s 3-1 victory over Alaves in the final.
- In his second season at Barcelona, he managed to win a domestic double comprising of the La Liga title and the Copa del Rey title.
- After having failed to break into the playing eleven of Barcelona in 2 seasons, he decided to part with the club in the 2018 summer transfer window to revive his career.
- In August 2018, he joined Borussia Dortmund on a season-long transfer deal. The German club had an option to convert it into a permanent stay by paying Barcelona €30 million at the end of the season.
- He was a star of the Spain under-17 side, which managed to reach the final of the 2010 UEFA European Championship. He was the top scorer with 6 goals in the tournament.
Featured Image by Paco Alcácer / Instagram