|Padmapriya Janakiraman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Year of Birth||1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Padmapriya Janakiraman is an Indian actress and model who has had a prolific body of work in Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Bengali, Hindi, and Malayalam-language films. As of April 2022, she had acted in more than 50 films and had won the Filmfare Award for ‘Best Actress – Malayalam’ (Karutha Pakshikal, 2006); the Tamil Nadu State Film Award Special Prize (Mirugam, 2007); and the National Film Award – Special Mention (Pazhassi Raja, 2009).
Padmapriya Janakiraman was born in the year 1983.
New Delhi, India
Padmapriya had attended the Kendriya Vidyalaya (a school of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, a system of central government schools in India) in Trimulgherry, Secunderabad, Telangana, India. In 1997, she obtained a diploma in Bharatnatyam (an Indian classical dance form) from Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University in Hyderabad, Telangana.
She had then studied at the Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, a private Catholic minority higher education institution in Old Alwal, Telangana. She had graduated from there, in 2000, with a B. Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) degree. Thereafter, she joined KIAMS (Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies) in Harihar, Karnataka. She had attained an MBA degree from there in 2002.
In 2007, she enrolled herself in the National Law School of India University, a public law school in Bengaluru, Karnataka. She had earned a diploma in environmental protection laws from there in 2008. In 2012, she joined New York University, a private research university in New York City. She graduated from there in 2015 with an MPA (Master of Public Administration) degree in public finance and international development.
- Father – Janakiraman (Former Brigadier in the Indian Army)
- Mother – Vijaya
- Siblings – Prabhakar Janakiraman (Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Padmapriya has dated –
- Jasmine Shah (2014-Present) – Padmapriya got married to strategist and political worker Jasmine Shah on November 12, 2014, in a ceremony held in Mumbai. They had first met while they were both studying at New York University.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, long, dense, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
Padmapriya Janakiraman Facts
- She won the Miss Andhra Pradesh beauty pageant in 2001.
- After completing her MBA degree in 2002, she worked as a risk consultant (until August 2004) with GE Capital International Services in Bengaluru. During her free time in this phase of her life, she had also ventured into modeling which later paved her way to acting opportunities.
- From July 2007 until July 2011, she worked as a consultant with an organization called Samata in the city of Vishakhapatnam, to design sustainable organic farming business models for local tribes. For about a year after this, she worked as a consultant with the pharmaceutical company Dr. Reddy Labs Foundation.
- Between August 2014 and May 2015, she worked as a research assistant at the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, a constituent of New York University.
- Between June 2015 and July 2017, she served as a senior researcher at the Centre for Policy Research, an Indian think tank based in New Delhi that focuses on public policy.
- Her hobbies/interests include swimming, traveling, dancing, and practicing Yoga.
Featured Image by Padmapriya Janakiraman / Instagram