|Pannie Kianzad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1991|
Pannie Kianzad is a Swedish professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the bantamweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2019. As of September 2021, she was ranked number 14 in the UFC bantamweight rankings. She holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Pannie Pantea Kianzad
Ahvaz, Khuzestan, Iran
Malmö, Skåne County, Scania, Sweden
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Siblings – She has 2 older brothers and an older sister.
She is represented by –
- Nima Safapour, Manager, Moments Management, Combat Sports Athletes Management Firm, Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- Rebecca Aronsson, Booking Agent, Bulldog Media Group AB, Marketing and PR Firm, Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
- Featherweight (2012-2014, 2018)
- Bantamweight (2014-Present)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pannie has dated –
- Ilaz Zabelaj (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Iranian descent.
- Toned physique
- Neck-length, curly, frizzy hair
- Has her left hand and midriff covered in tattoos
Pannie has been sponsored by –
- Celsius Sverige (energy drink)
- Action Space Main (sports magazine)
- X-Gamer (nutritional supplements brand)
Pannie Kianzad Facts
- Born in Iran, Pannie and her family had moved to Sweden when she was very young. When she was 13 years old, she had started competing in boxing events and had participated in more than 2 dozen amateur bouts in her teenage years.
- In 2010, she had won the ‘Silver’ medal in the Swedish National Championships in Shootfighting, a martial art and combat sport that incorporates techniques from several traditional martial arts including wrestling and Kenpō. She had lost the final bout to Lina Länsberg. The following year, aged 19, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal in that tournament.
- She had turned professional in mixed martial arts in 2012 and had amassed a 5-0 win-loss record before joining Cage Warriors (CW) in 2014, a London-based Irish-owned mixed martial arts promotion. In the 3rd of those bouts, she had taken her revenge against Lina Länsberg by defeating her via TKO. In November 2014, on her bantamweight division debut, she had won the CWFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship. In March 2015, she had signed a contract with Invicta FC, an American professional promotion dedicated to women’s MMA.
- In August 2018, she had been selected as a fighter on The Ultimate Fighter 28, an installment of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)-produced reality TV series The Ultimate Fighter, as a featherweight. She had won both the quarter-final and the semi-final stages of the tournament via unanimous decision, before losing to Macy Chiasson in the finals on November 30, 2018, at The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale, via a rear-naked choke submission in the 2nd round.
- She had not received a contract from UFC after this, had returned to Europe, had dropped back down to the bantamweight division, and had defeated veteran Iony Razafiarison via unanimous decision. She had been signed up by UFC soon after this and had made her UFC debut on July 6, 2019.
- At the Nordic MMA Awards, as of September 2021, she had won the ‘Female Fighter of the Year’ award thrice (2013, 2018, 2020).
Featured Image by Pannie Kianzad / Instagram