|Patrick Dempsey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1966|
Patrick Galen Dempsey
Galen, Pat, Dempsey
Lewiston, Maine, United States
Malibu, California, United States
Patrick first went to Buckfield High School, from where he was transferred to St. Dominic Regional High School.
He dropped out of St. Dominic High School before his last year.
Actor, race car driver
- Father – William Dempsey (Insurance Salesman)
- Mother – Amanda Dempsey (School Secretary)
- Siblings – Patrick has two sisters.
Patrick is signed to Viewpoint, Inc.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
170 lbs or 77 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Rocky Parker (1986–1994) – In 1986, Patrick commenced dating American actress Rocky Parker. They met on the sets of In the Mood and immediately got hooked. Despite Patrick being 27 years younger than Rocky, they got married on August 24, 1987. After seven years of marriage, they divorced on April 26, 1994.
- Jillian Dempsey (1998-2015) – Patrick started dating Jillian in 1998. After a year of relationship, the couple got married on July 31, 1999. In January 2015, it was announced that after 15 years of marriage, Patrick and Jillian are seeking a divorce. The couple has three children, Tallulah Fyfe (born February 20, 2002), Sullivan Patrick (born February 1, 2007), and Darby Galen (born February 1, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Patrick has German, English, and Swedish ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Wavy hair
9.5 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 43.5 (EU)
Patrick has appeared in a TV commercial for American Stroke Association (July 2003) and Hydra Sensitive Cream.
He was also part of a print ad for Het Huis Uw Opticien.
Best Known For
Playing in the TV series Grey’s Anatomy as Dr. Derek Shepherd.
Dempsey is also known for appearing in the movies like Enchanted (2007), Valentine’s Day (2010), Flypaper (2011), Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011), Made of Honor (2008), and Freedom Writers (2007).
Dempsey first gained notice in the movie The Stuff (1985), in which he played the role of an underground staff buyer.
First TV Show
In 1986, Dempsey made his debut appearance on television in the TV series Fast Time, playing Mike Damone. He was featured in 7 episodes of the show.
Patrick indulges in different fitness trainings.
“I have a 13 pound bike that I usually ride. It provides me great cardio training and it’s very hard compared to riding a regular bike…”
– he said in an interview on men’s fitness.
He also said that he loves to go to the gym and lift weights.
“I do different types of weight lifting training. I don’t focus on typical body building, but in fact I implement more like a mix of body-weight exercises, kettle bell exercises and compound movements such as dead lifts, squats and push press.”
Patrick Dempsey Favorite Things
- Movies – Great Expectation, Downhill Racer, Diva, La Femme, Nikita
- Band – Foo Fighters
- Shop – Cynergy Cycles in Santa Monica
Source – LaTimes.com
Patrick Dempsey Facts
- At the age of twelve, Patrick was diagnosed with dyslexia.
- When he isn’t acting, Patrick enjoys car racing.
- Patrick is a passionate collector of antiques.
- He enjoys remodeling houses.
- He loves skiing.
- Dempsey is a co-owner of the Vision Racing (Indycar Series team).
- He was a state champion in downhill skiing. He wanted to become a part of the Olympic team.
- He was one of the celebrities, who joined Nike’s Livestrong campaign against cancer.
- He is the first neighbor to Ellen Pompeo, his co-star in the series Grey’s Anatomy.
- He owns the Patrick Dempsey Center for Healing and Cancer Hope.