|Patrick Dempsey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1966|
Patrick Dempsey is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and race car driver who is best known for playing Derek “McDreamy” Shepherd in the medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy. His other television roles include playing Dominic Morgan in the financial thriller drama series Devils, Dr. Paul Stewart in the legal drama series The Practice, Aaron Brooks in the family drama series Once and Again, Harry Quebert in the mystery drama miniseries The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, and Mike Damone in the sitcom Fast Times. Moreover, Patrick Dempsey has also been vast in movies such as Can’t Buy Me Love, Sweet Home Alabama, Heaven Help Us, Meatballs III: Summer Job, A Fighting Choice, In a Shallow Grave, In the Mood, Coupe de Ville, Mobsters, Bank Robber, Bridget Jones’s Baby, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Freedom Writers, Made of Honor, and Flypaper.
Patrick Galen Dempsey
Galen, Pat, Dempsey, Dr. McDreamy
Lewiston, Maine, United States
Malibu, California, United States
Patrick first went to Buckfield High School, from where he was transferred to St. Dominic Regional High School.
He dropped out of St. Dominic High School before his last year.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Race Car Driver
- Father – William Dempsey (Insurance Salesperson)
- Mother – Amanda Dempsey (School Secretary)
- Siblings – Shane Wray (Half-Brother). Patrick also has 2 older sisters.
- Others – Asa B. Schlossnagle (Paternal Grandfather), Jane Devonshire (Paternal Grandmother), John Leroy Casson (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret E. Grubb (Maternal Grandmother)
Patrick has been signed to –
- Viewpoint, Inc.
- The Burstein Company, Talent Agency, Pacific Palisades, California, United States
His net worth has been $85 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
170 lbs or 77 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Patrick Dempsey has dated –
- Rocky Parker (1986–1994) – In 1986, Patrick commenced dating American actor Rocky Parker. They met on the sets of In the Mood and immediately got hooked. Despite Patrick being 27 years younger than Rocky, they got married on August 24, 1987. After seven years of marriage, they divorced on April 26, 1994. She passed away in 2014.
- Jillian Dempsey – Patrick started dating Jillian in 1998. After a year of relationship, the couple got married on July 31, 1999. In January 2015, it was announced that after 15 years of marriage, Patrick and Jillian are seeking a divorce. However, they later reconciled and called off their divorce on November 12, 2016. The couple has 3 children – a daughter named Tallulah Fyfe (b. February 20, 2002) and twin boys named Sullivan Patrick and Darby Galen born on February 1, 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Patrick has German, English, Scottish, Irish, Swedish, and Native American ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Wavy hair
9.5 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 43.5 (EU)
Patrick has appeared in a TV commercial for American Stroke Association (July 2003) and Hydra Sensitive Cream.
He was also part of a print ad for Het Huis Uw Opticien.
Best Known For
Playing in the TV series Grey’s Anatomy as Dr. Derek Shepherd.
Dempsey is also known for appearing in the movies like Enchanted (2007), Valentine’s Day (2010), Flypaper (2011), Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011), Made of Honor (2008), and Freedom Writers (2007).
Dempsey first gained notice in the movie The Stuff (1985), in which he played the role of an underground staff buyer.
First TV Show
In 1986, Dempsey made his debut appearance on television in the TV series Fast Time, playing Mike Damone. He was featured in 7 episodes of the show.
Patrick indulges in different fitness training.
“I have a 13 pound bike that I usually ride. It provides me great cardio training and it’s very hard compared to riding a regular bike…”
– he said in an interview on men’s fitness.
He also said that he loves to go to the gym and lift weights.
“I do different types of weight lifting training. I don’t focus on typical body building, but in fact I implement more like a mix of body-weight exercises, kettle bell exercises and compound movements such as dead lifts, squats and push press.”
Patrick Dempsey Favorite Things
- Movies – Great Expectation, Downhill Racer, Diva, La Femme, Nikita
- Band – Foo Fighters
- Shop – Cynergy Cycles in Santa Monica
Source – LaTimes.com
Patrick Dempsey Facts
- At the age of twelve, Patrick was diagnosed with dyslexia.
- When he isn’t acting, Patrick enjoys car racing.
- Patrick is a passionate collector of antiques.
- He enjoys remodeling houses.
- He loves skiing.
- Dempsey is a co-owner of the Vision Racing (Indycar Series team).
- He was a state champion in downhill skiing. He wanted to become a part of the Olympic team.
- Between 2000 and 2002, he played Aaron Brooks in the series Once and Again and this role got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series” in 2000.
- He was one of the celebrities, who joined Nike’s Livestrong campaign against cancer.
- He is the first neighbor to Ellen Pompeo, his co-star in the series Grey’s Anatomy.
- He owns the Patrick Dempsey Center for Healing and Cancer Hope.
- He provided vocals to the character of Kenai in the 2006 animated direct-to-video musical fantasy comedy-drama film Brother Bear 2.
- In November 2023, Patrick was named People‘s “Sexiest Man Alive for 2023”.