|Peter Crouch Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1981|
Peter Crouch is an English footballer with a long-standing career during which he has played for several clubs. Due to his tall and lanky frame, he had to face many prejudices but that has only made him want to prove himself even more. Crouch has surprised many of his detractors by scoring 100 Premier League goals as many business experts bet against him. Known for his dry wit and partying habits back in the day, he has managed to emerge as one of the favorite figures in English football.
Peter James Crouch
Crouchy, RoboCrouch, Crouchinho, Mr. Roboto, Pantera Rosa (Pink Panther)
Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Peter studied at the Roxeth Primary School and North Ealing Primary School in London. He then attended the Drayton Manor High School.
- Father – Bruce Crouch (Advertising Executive)
- Mother – Jayne Crouch
- Siblings – Sarah Crouch (Younger Sister)
Peter is represented by Stellar Football Ltd.
While playing for Stoke City, he used to wear the shirt number 25.
6 ft 7½ in or 202 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Crouch has dated –
- Lauren Pope (2005-2006) – Peter dated glamour model Lauren Pope from 2005 to 2006. In May 2005, Lauren was involved in a catfight over Peter at the Funky Buddah club in Mayfair. She was attacked by another glamour model who confronted her over her relationship with Peter and the brawl turned physical.
- Abbey Clancy (2006-Present) – Peter and glamour model turned TV presenter, Abbey Clancy, met for the first time at a Liverpool bar in 2006. After dating for a couple of years, they got engaged on July 15, 2009. However, in 2010, news broke that Peter had paid a prostitute named Monica Mint £800 for s*x during a friend’s stag weekend in Madrid. Many other women also came forward accusing Crouch of inappropriate groping. After all the accusations, Abbey took off her engagement ring and separated for some time before Peter convinced her of mending his ways. The couple made it through and got married on June 30, 2011, in a lavish ceremony in Leicestershire. Together, they are parents to 2 girls and 1 boy – Sophia Ruby (b. March 2011), Liberty Rose (b. June 2015), and Johnny Crouch (b. January 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
12 (UK) or 13 (US) or 46 (EU)
Peter has endorsed the following brands –
- Virgin Media
- Uber Eats
- Hyundai Santa Fe
Best Known For
His long-lasting career as a striker in English football with many goals and awards to his name
First Football Match
Crouch made his debut for Queens Park Rangers in the 2000-2001 season.
He played his first match for Portsmouth during the 2001-2002 season.
In 2009, Peter played his first match for Tottenham Hotspur against Olympiacos in a pre-season friendly match.
He made his Premier League debut as a substitute in Tottenham’s season-opening win over Liverpool.
He scored an equalizing goal on his home debut match for Aston Villa against Newcastle United during the 2001-2002 season.
On September 10, 2011, he made his debut for Stoke City, playing against his former club Liverpool, with a 1-0 win.
He made his first senior appearance for the England national team against Colombia in 2005.
- Aerial Duels
- Key Passes
- First Touch
- Defensive Contribution
First TV Show
As a voice artist, he made his first TV show appearance in 1995 on the animated musical series Operavox as Zuniga /Remendado.
His first physical appearance was in February 2005 in the Purple Reign episode of the drama sports series Dream Team as himself. However, his role was uncredited.
His first credited performance was in November 2005 on the news sports series Match of the Day.
Peter’s genetic construct is such that he doesn’t put on any weight easily. In fact, his weight has not changed much since he was a teenager. It also means that he doesn’t have to exercise much to keep himself in shape.
As a football player, he works hard during the daily training sessions and it helps with his agility and performance during football matches.
Peter Crouch Favorite Things
- Footballer – Ronaldo (from Brazil)
- English Football Anthem – World in Motion by New Order
- Smell – Roasted Dinner
- Book – Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
- Football Shoes As A Kid – Puma Spiders
- Swimming Stroke – Front Crawl
- Robot – C-3PO from Star Wars
- Subject In School – Physical Education, English
- Children’s Book – Friend or Foe by Michael Morpurgo
- School Dinner Treat – Spaghetti Bolognese
Source – Telegraph, Standard, The Guardian, SoccerBible, FourFourTwo, Premier League
Peter Crouch Facts
- His family relocated to Singapore, when Peter was only a year old, as his father had accepted a job offer in the Far East. The family moved back to England after 3 years.
- He began playing football with Northolt Hotspurs and joined the Brentford Centre of Excellence in 1991.
- When he scored a goal in May 2006 in the FIFA World Cup friendlies during the England vs Hungary match, he broke into a robotic dance celebration. The dance became his signature move for a while and gained a lot of media attention. He performed the dance move for the last time in February 2017 to celebrate his 100th Premier League goal.
- His autobiography Walking Tall – My Story was released in 2007. In 2018, he launched his second book Peter Crouch: How To Be a Footballer.
- He belongs to the group of 28 players who have scored 100 or more Premier League goals till 2018. He also holds the title for the most headed goals in the Premier League history.
- Crouch is the 5th most expensive British footballer of all-time in cumulative transfer fees.
- He was found guilty of speeding his car in November 2011 and was subsequently charged a fine of £1,000 in August 2012. A few months later in October, his driving license was suspended for 6 months.
- Peter was often bullied for his tall stature and many managers warned him of not having a long career in football due to his lanky body frame. He was even booed by England fans when he made an appearance for his country as a substitute against Poland in the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign.
- He is close friends with Irish international and Liverpool defender Steve Finnan.
- Peter had a Guinness World Record to his name in 2018 after scoring 51 header goals in the Premier League. He beat Alan Shearer, who was the previous record holder with 46 goals.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Chelsea Debs London / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0