Peter Hayden Dinklage
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Manhattan, New York City, United States
Peter Dinklage completed his high school graduation from Delbarton School in 1987. He was a part of the school’s drama club, which gave him the opportunity to polish his acting skills. Post that, Peter enrolled himself at Bennington College from where he graduated in 1991. He also appeared in several productions there.
Actor, producer, writer, voice-over actor
- Father – John Carl Dinklage (Retired Insurance Salesman)
- Mother – Diane Dinklage (Elementary School Music Teacher)
- Siblings – John Dinklage (Older Brother) (Violinist)
Peter is signed to Insight Entertainment.
4 ft 5 in or 135 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Dinklage dated –
- Erica Schmidt (2004–Present) – Peter started dating Erica Schmidt, a theater director, in 2004. Later in November 2004, the two got engaged. And, on April 16, 2005, Peter married her. The couple has a daughter named Zelig Dinklage, born in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Dinklage is of English, Irish, and German descent.
- Peter has a rich and profound voice
- He has achondroplasia which is a form of dwarfism.
Peter Dinklage has voiced the 2015 version of Chrysler 300 commercial.
He was raised as Catholic, who used to go Church every Sunday. But, he hasn’t gone there in a long time.
Best Known For
Peter achieved global critical acclaim for his outstanding performance as Tyrion Lannister in the TV series, Game of Thrones hosted on HBO. The performance also won him a Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award in the supporting actor category in 2012 and 2011 respectively. Besides that, he was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award consecutively from 2012 to 2015 for Game of Thrones.
In addition, he is also best known for his role as Peter in Death at a Funeral (2007) and Bolivar Trask in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
Peter Dinklage made his first film appearance as Tito in the low-budget independent comedy-drama film Living in Oblivion (1995).
First TV Show
Peter got his first TV show performance in the comedy series, Seinfeld in 1995. The role he played, though uncredited, was of James’s telephonic voice in the episode “The Wink.”
His first credited role was in the Fox’s drama series The $treet in 2001 where he played the role of Little Person in the episode, Junk Bonds.
Peter does not have a personal trainer that is known of. However, he does workout at the gym.
Peter Dinklage Favorite Things
- Spread – Hummus
- Food – Sandwich, cereal
- Clothes – Hooded sweatshirt
- Superhero – Batman
- Actor – Gary Oldman (One of his favorites)
Source – Gawker.com, IMDb.com
Peter Dinklage Facts
- Peter Dinklage is a vegetarian. He became one, when he was 16 years old.
- Even George R.R. Martin had chosen Peter to be the most preferred choice for playing the role of “Tyrion Lannister” in Game of Thrones series.
- Peter was named to be one of the “Eight Actors who have turned Television into Art” (2011). This was published in the New York Times Magazine in 2011.
- Peter Dinklage owns a dog which is named Kevin.
- Dinklage is a smoker.
- Peter suffers from achondroplasia which is a form of dwarfism. The illness did make him feel an angry kid when he was young but as he grew, he learned to live with it.