Philip Michael Lester
Phil, Amazing Phil, Sunshine, Lion, Angel Bean, Smol Sunshine Bean
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Phil Lester went to the Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School. He later got enrolled at the University of York from where he graduated with a degree in English Language and Linguistics.
Later, he joined the Department of Theatre, Film, and Television at the University of York. He went on to complete an MA degree in Video Postproduction with Specialisation in Visual Effects.
YouTube personality and former radio host
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Martyn Lester (Older Brother)
Phil Lester is represented by Coast to Coast Talent Group.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Phil prefers to keep details of his love life away from the public domain.
Race / Ethnicity
Mousy Brown (Natural)
However, while growing up, he used to dye his hair blonde. Later, he started dying his hair black.
He publicly revealed that he is gay in a YouTube video titled “Coming Out To You” on June 30, 2019.
- Messy Hairdo
- Nerdy Appearance
As a prominent social media personality, Phil uses his immense presence to push brands and products through his social media activity. These promotions can come in the form of direct endorsement or indirectly through use in the videos.
In fact, in November 2014, his YouTube video about Oreo Biscuits was taken down by advertisement watchdog for promoting a product in the video without making it clear that it was a promotional video.
Also, he has appeared in the TV advert for Confused.com.
Best Known For
- The immense popularity of his YouTube channel “AmazingPhil”, which has more than 5 million subscribers.
- The popularity of his BBC Radio 1 entertainment show, Dan and Phil, in which he collaborated with his close friend Daniel Howell.
In 2008, Phil was first seen in the rom-com film, Faintheart for his role as Tim.
First TV Show
In 2009, Phil started appearing in the TV show Dan & Phil as himself.
Phil’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available. But, he might not be working out regularly.
Phil Lester Favorite Things
- Food or Snack – Popcorn
- Pokémon – Growlithe
- Color – Blue
- Video Game – Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Band – Muse
- Shoes – Vans
- Muse Album – Origin of Symmetry
Phil Lester Facts
- He created his YouTube channel in February 2006 and posted his first video, which was titled Phil’s Video Blog a month later.
- As a result of the online poll in 2013, he was declared Sugarscape’s Hottest Lad.
- Phil is lactose intolerant, due to which he hates cheese. He even created a YouTube video about it.
- While growing up, he was afraid of horses.
- In 2011, he found a place in Guinness Book of World Records for stacking 25 coins in the shortest time. He stacked 25 coins over each other in 31.617 seconds.
- He has collaborated with his close friend Daniel Howell to write two books, “The Amazing Book is not on Fire” and “Dan and Phil Go Outside”.
- He is credited with the creation of The 7 Second Challenge. He and Daniel later collaborated to launch The 7 Second Challenge app.
- He met his close friend and video collaborator, Daniel when he saw Phil’s videos and got in touch via Twitter.
- In March 2015, he and Dan announced their plans to enact their theatrical stage show “The Amazing Tour Is Not on Fire” all across the UK. They later added United States, Australia, and Europe to their tour.
- He first came to know about his true sexuality around the age of 12 when he was spending time with his guy friends on a beach and he saw a hot shirtless guy passing through with his good looking girlfriend. Phil felt a desire to kiss that shirtless guy.
- In November 2016, he and Dan released their photobook titled, Dan and Phil Go Outside, which included candid pictures from their tour.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and Google+.