|Philippe Coutinho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Philippe Coutinho is a Brazilian professional footballer who is best known for his career as an attacking midfielder for Premier League club Aston Villa and the Brazil national team. He has also played for teams like Inter Milan, Vasco da Gama, Liverpool, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich in the past. He is known for his passing, dribbling, vision, and ability to conjure curving long-range strikes. During the course of his career, Philippe has won several tournaments such as Campeonato Brasileiro Série B, Coppa Italia, Supercopa de España, Supercoppa Italiana, Copa del Rey, Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, DFB-Pokal, FIFA U-20 World Cup, and has been the recipient of honors like Liverpool‘s “Players’ Player of the Season Award”, Football Supporters’ Federation‘s “Player of the Year”, “Samba Gold Award (Samba d’Or)”, and many more.
Philippe Coutinho Correia
Coutinho, Little Magician, The Kid
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – José Carlos Coutinho (Architect)
- Mother – Dona Esmeralda Coutinho
- Siblings – Cristian Coutinho (Older Brother), Leonardo Coutinho (Older Brother)
Coutinho is signed with Mondial Sport.
Attacking Midfielder / Winger
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2012, Philippe Coutinho is married to Aine Coutinho. Together, they have a daughter Maria Coutinho. They also have another daughter and a son.
Philippe has another child Philippe Coutinho Jr. from his previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoo stretching from his left arm’s wrist all the way to his shoulder. The tattoo is dedicated to his family including his parents, two brothers and his partner Aine.
- Small build
Coutinho has appeared in TV adverts for Nivea Men, Nike, Gatorade, and Liverpool FC.
Best Known For
His playmaking skills, dribbling, and the ability to create scoring chances for his teammates.
First Soccer Match
On August 27, 2010, Philippe debuted for Inter in a match against Atletico Madrid in the 2010 UEFA Super Cup.
He first performed for Espanyol on February 4, 2012, in a 3-3 draw with Athletic Bilbao.
On February 11, 2013, Coutinho had his debut for Liverpool in a 2-0 loss to WBA (West Bromwich Albion).
Philippe earned his first national team cap on October 7, 2010, playing for Brazil against Iran.
- Speed and Quickness
- Long shots
- Aerial duels
Philippe Coutinho Facts
- He grew up in Rio de Janeiro’s district Rocha.
- Philippe first started playing futsal on a local soccer pitch in the neighborhood.
- Growing up, Coutinho idolized the Brazilian soccer magician Ronaldinho.
- Philippe began showing his talents at a very young age while being a member of a local soccer academy in his hometown. His father was approached by youth trainers of the Brazilian club Vasco da Gama who offered him a trial for Coutinho. Philippe later joined the team where he stayed until 2008.
- In July 2008, Italian Serie A team Inter FC bought Philippe for the price of €4 million. At the time, Coutinho was only 17, so he needed to wait until he turned 18.
- On January 30, 2012, Philippe was sent on a loan to the Spanish side Espanyol. He returned to Inter on May 18, 2012.
- Coutinho moved to English Premier League team Liverpool on January 30, 2013. He penned a contract worth €9.7 million.
- He was a member of Brazil’s U-17 squad that won the 2009 South American Championship.