|Pia Wurtzbach Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1989|
Pia Wurtzbach started her acting career in her childhood. By the age of 11, she was working as a model as well. After having worked in a number of TV shows and having done modeling work for local brands, she got her big breakthrough when she was crowned Miss Universe 2015. It was a dream come true for her. She had managed to win Miss Universe Philippines in her third attempt. By winning Miss Universe title, she also found a great platform to relaunch her acting career. She managed to secure her first lead role in the romantic comedy, My Perfect You, which was released in 2018 and was an immense hit.
Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany
Pia Wurtzbach started her education in the kindergarten school, Kong Hua School in Cagayan de Oro. She later got enrolled at the Corpus Christi for her primary education.
For her secondary education, Pia went to the ABS-CBN Distance Learning Center in Quezon City, Metro Manila. She also took classes at the Center for Asian Culinary Studies in San Juan, Metro Manila to study culinary arts.
Beauty Pageant Titleholder, Actress, Model, Television Presenter
- Father – Uwe Wurtzbach
- Mother – Cheryl Alonzo Tyndall
- Siblings – Sarah Alonzo Wurtzbach (Sister)
Since January 2017, Pia has been represented by WME/IMG’s IMG Universe division.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pia Wurtzbach has dated –
- Phil Younghusband (2015) – As per tabloid reports, Pia started going out with soccer player Phil Younghusband in February 2015. However, their relationship barely survived a month as they decided to separate in March. The affair was confirmed by Pia herself in her interview with Rappler.
- Mikhail Varshavski (2016) – Pia revealed that she was going out with celebrity doctor Mikhail Varshavski, popularly known as Dr. Mike, in March 2016 by sharing a selfie of them together on her Instagram account. However, the speculation about them being a couple had started in February after they were spotted having a dinner at New York’s Balvanera restaurant. But, their relationship didn’t last long as she started dating someone else by the end of the year.
- Marlon Stöckinger (2017-2018) – In January 2017, Pia confirmed that she was going out with car racing driver, Marlon Stöckinger. The rumors of them being a couple had started swirling around by the end of 2016 as they were spotted vacationing together. Some sources claimed that they had been seeing each other since October. In August 2018, she confirmed that she was once again single in an Instagram post, which was posted to endorse boyfriend jeans. It was speculated in July that they had separated as they had unfollowed each other on the social media platforms.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of German descent on her father’s side.
Pia Wurtzbach has done endorsement work for Chi products, You.C1000 Vitamin Drink, Philippine Airlines, PLDT Home, Yamamay lingerie and swimwear, Cream Silk Hair Conditioner, Jealous 21, Image Skincare, Banco De Oro (BDO), New Downy Parfum Collection, and Olay.
She is a devout Roman Catholic. She is also a Marian Devotee.
However, she doesn’t mind backing issues and causes that are different from the ones espoused by the Catholic Church.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the romantic comedy movie, My Perfect You
- Having played an important role in the superhero comedy movie, Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad
- Being crowned as Miss Universe Philippines in 2015, which made her eligible for the Miss Universe beauty pageant. She went on to become Miss Universe as well.
In 2003, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Kung ako na lang sana.
First TV Show
In 2002, Pia Wurtzbach made her first TV show appearance in the music variety show, ASAP, which is one of the longest-running Filipino shows.
Pia regularly works out in the gym. But she doesn’t like to go for too intense and grueling workout sessions. She likes to keep it moderate with her average workout lasting for about an hour. She believes there is no point in going too hard that you don’t feel like returning to the gym the following day.
She believes that following a disciplined diet plan is key to sustaining a toned body. She prefers to keep protein content high in her daily dietary intake. She also likes to go for foods that keep her energy levels stable throughout the day.
Her daily diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – She likes to have a one and a half cups of greek yogurt with some blueberries, three diced strawberries, mangoes, and a tablespoon of honey. She washes it down with a coffee prepared with a splash of cream.
- Lunch – She likes to have grilled chicken Caesar salad for her lunch. She adds cherry tomatoes, few croutons, and one-third cup of low-fat Parmesan cheese to the salad.
- Dinner – For the last meal of the day, she prefers oven-roasted salmon with a cup of spinach topped with feta cheese. She also likes to have a cup of steamed broccoli with olive oil, garlic, and fresh lemon oil and two red bliss potatoes with rosemary and olive meal for the dinner.
- Snack – To curb her hunger in between meals, she snacks on dried mango with a side of cottage cheese and two handfuls of unsalted roasted almonds.
- Dessert – To indulge her sweet tooth, she likes to have 2 small scoops of low-fat chocolate caramel ice cream.
Pia Wurtzbach Favorite Things
- Games – Tekken and Final Fantasy
- Travel Destination – Santorini
- Drake Song – Hotline Bling
- Girl Crush – Beyonce
- Music Artists – Beyonce, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga
Source – Rappler
Pia Wurtzbach Facts
- When she won Miss Universe Phillippines, it was her third attempt to win the prestigious beauty pageant. She had failed in the first two and it was to be her last attempt because of age restrictions.
- In 2013, she had managed to finish as 1st runner-up in the beauty pageant. The following year, she had to settle for only a place in the Top 15.
- In 2015, she became the third beauty from Phillippines to have won Miss Universe title. The previous two winners were Gloria Diaz (1969) and Margarita Moran (1973).
- Her crowning ceremony at the Miss Universe 2015 event was shrouded in a controversy as the show host Steve Harvey had mistakenly announced Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez as the winner. However, after Gutiérrez had received the crown, Harvey returned to the stage to reveal that there had been a mistake.
- She can fluently converse in Cebuano, English, and Filipino. She also has a basic grasp of the German language.
- She started her acting journey at the age of 4 under the stage name of Pia Romero. Then, she was snapped up by ABS-CBN Corporation’s talent agency, Star Magic.
- Star Magic included her in their Star Circle Batch 11. She graduated from the batch with her TV debut in the teen-centric TV series K2BU.
- She was invited to work as a judge in the final event of Miss Universe 2017.
- She has worked hard to push for the rights of the LGBTQ in her native country. She has been a fierce advocate of same-sex marriages.
- In May 2007, she was made a UNAIDS Goodwill Ambassador for Asia and the Pacific. UNAIDS works to tackle the HIV endemic on a global scale.
- In December 2016, she met Manila Archbishop Luis Tagle at the Manila Cathedral and was gifted a personal rosary from Pope Francis.
Featured Image by Pia Wurtzbach / Instagram