|Pooja Umashankar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1981|
|Spouse||Prashan David Vethakan|
Pooja Umashankar is a Sri Lankan actress and model who is widely recognized for having appeared in Tamil, Sinhala, Malayalam language movies including Naan Kadavul (2009) and Anjalika (2006). She has also starred in various TV shows like the Sri Lankan drama Daskon (2014-2015). Pooja is the recipient of many accolades such as the Filmfare Awards South in 2010 for “Best Actress”. She has amassed more than 380k followers on Instagram.
Pooja Gauthami Umashankar
Colombo, Sri Lanka
She had done her pre-schooling in Sri Lanka, following which she had come to India where she attended Poornapragnya in Aldur in Chikmagalur and Nirmala Convent in Mysuru. Later, she carried on her education at Baldwin’s Girls High school in Bengaluru.
She then acquired both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in Business from Mount Carmel College in Bangalore.
- Father – H.R.Umashankar (Manager at Hindustan Unilever Limited)
- Mother – Sandhya
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Deepak Shanmuganathan
- Prashan David Vethakan (2016-Present) – She tied the knot with businessman Prashan in December 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Sinhalese descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp features
- Pierced ears
Pooja Umashankar Favorite Things
- Reason For Everything Good In Life – Jesus Christ
Source – Twitter
Pooja Umashankar Facts
- She has recalled having spent the majority of her childhood in India.
- Pooja has stated that her journey in cinema for more than a decade has been a learning experience for her on the personal as well as professional fronts. She has added that it has shaped her into a much better person on the whole having appreciated all the opportunities that she has received and having felt glad that she had accepted and embraced them, with no regrets thereafter ever.
- She has reflected on her transition from a glam doll to a serious, character-driven actress. In her initial years, she used to take baby steps and would long to leave a mark and set milestones that she could be proud of. With time, she craved to do a balancing act and attempted different shades, wanting to see if she could do different roles. That had made her do myriad roles from a biriyani seller to a middle-class employee as she never wanted to get typecast.
- She had made a conscious decision to work with freshers as their ideas were novel and they were full of enthusiasm. She has felt happy to have worked with many first-time directors and succeeded in providing them with a foundation.
- Umashankar has affirmed that she has thoroughly enjoyed communicating with her fans and personally replying to all suggestions, comments, and responses so much so that it has taken up a lot of time and she has wondered if she has got addicted to it totally. She has wanted to reciprocate the love and support that she has received from her followers.
- Pooja is fluent in Kannada, Sinhala, Tamil, and English.
- She has found social media to be an immensely powerful medium that can be used to harness great causes.
Featured Image by Pooja Umashankar / Instagram