|Prachi Desai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Prachi Desai is a well-distinguished Indian film and former television actress who came to prominence with her dual character portrayal of Bani Jai Walia and Anamika Dixit in Kasamh Se from 2006 to 2008. She also bagged various hit films and shows like Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2006), Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), Teri Meri Kahaani (2012), Bol Bachchan (2012), and Azhar (2016). Nevertheless, her striking silver screen appearance has allowed her to work with some of the Bollywood’s most prominent actors like Sanjay Dutt, Priyanka Chopra, Shahid Kapoor, Emraan Hashmi, Ajay Devgn, Kangana Ranaut, Farhan Akhtar, and John Abraham.
With time, she has also amassed a huge fan following with more than 4 million followers Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Surat, Gujarat, India
Prachi attended St. Joseph Convent School, Panchgani. Later, she studied at a school in Surat. Prachi briefly studied at the Sinhgad Technical Education Society. However, she quit during her junior year in order to pursue a career in acting.
She had also enrolled at Mithibai College but she did not attend college for even a day. In the past, she also stated that she wanted to pursue a degree in psychology.
- Father – Niranjan Desai
- Mother – Ameeta Desai
- Siblings – Esha Desai (Older Sister)
Prachi is represented by Media Vantage, Mumbai.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Prachi has dated –
- Rohit Shetty (2012) – Rumors began to spread like fire during the filming of director and producer Rohit Shetty’s Bol Bachchan (2012) which featured Prachi amongst the other actors. Apparently, Rohit’s prankster ways got Prachi hooked on to his charm and the two got close over time. They were also supposed to have been seen going out with one another on more than one occasion. It was also said, that Rohit and Prachi had been living with one another as a result of Rohit’s unhappy marriage life. However, in 2017, Prachi finally broke the silence she had maintained about her link-up. She told the press, “It’s always nice to have a little spice in life. People like to know what you’re doing in your personal life.” She further added, “Even if you do a Google search, you’ll never find a quote from me on any of these things, and I think that says it all. If this is what I wanted to be spoken and written about, I’d have been out there more often.” The actress thought silence would be the best way to douse the assumptions.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Thick eyebrows
- Long eyelashes
- Hawk nose shape
- Petite physique
Prachi has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Lux Lyra Leggings
- Prateek Group
- Pureit Marvella RO
Through her social media, Prachi has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Tasty Treat
- Sahil Kochhar
- Real Is A Diamond
- M·A·C Cosmetics
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
- Estée Lauder
Best Known For
- Working along with the likes of Sanjay Dutt, Priyanka Chopra, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Shahid Kapoor, Emraan Hashmi, Ajay Devgn, Kangana Ranaut, Farhan Akhtar, and John Abraham
- Portraying the role of Bani Jai Walia And Anamika Dixit in Kasamh Se (2006-2008), Sakshi in Rock On!! (2008), Prachi Chauhan in Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2006), Mumtaaz in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), Mahi in Teri Meri Kahaani (2012), Radhika Raghuvanshi in Bol Bachchan (2012), and Naureen Azhar in Azhar (2016)
- Winning various awards as television actress including Indian Telly Award for “Best Fresh New Face (Female)” and the Kalakar Award for “Best Actress (Television)”
- Receiving several awards as a film actress such as Anandalok Puraskar Award, Zee Cine Award, Lions Gold Awards, and being nominated for a Filmfare Award
Prachi made her debut theatrical film appearance as Sakshi in Rock On!! in 2008. Also, cast in the film was Arjun Rampal, Farhan Akhtar, Luke Kenny, and Purab Kohli.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in the dual role of Bani Jai Walia And Anamika Dixit in Ekta Kapoor‘s hit series of Kasamh Se in 2006. `
Prachi who is almost always conscious about her physique does go to the gym on a regular basis. However, during her busy schedule, Prachi practices various forms of yoga whenever she’s free as she believes that it contributes to toning the body.
In an interview with mid-day.com in 2013, Prachi stated that she had initially started doing light weight exercises. However, it did not complement her body type, so she moved on to only doing cardio and freehand exercises such as 50 jumping jacks, 50 squats, 50 push-ups, 50 working lunges. She also suggests running a quarter-mile.
As for her diet routine, when she’s out shooting, she prefers to break down her meals in small quantities. Besides that, Prachi drinks a lot of fruit juice and coconut water. Also, her lunch usually includes dates and for dinner, she drinks soup or has a salad.
She also believes in the power of maintaining a healthy diet such as eating right, not overeating, and never starving. Prachi also suggests people should “have green tea, yogurt, nut or boiled egg.” She also includes natural orange juices to absorb the fiber needed by the body.
In an interview with iDiva, Prachi dished on the secret to her beautifully aesthetic skin. She stated that maintaining a healthy diet, positive attitude, and taking good care of the skin are one of the most important things. Being positive and happy on the inside is what brings out the glow in her face.
She also applies aloe vera and turmeric to her face whenever she’s free. Also, Prachi drinks at least 3 to 4 liters of water a day and also drinks coconut water as part of her routine year after year.
In order to keep her skin ever glowing from the outside, she uses the Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Facial Cleanser followed by a good toner and moisturizer. She also never steps into the open without applying sunscreen from Neutrogena. She also exfoliates her skin once a week. Besides that, she strongly believes in the brand Kérastase to maintain her lustrous silky smooth looking hair.
Prachi Desai Favorite Things
- Makeup Brand – M.A.C, Lancôme
- Piece Of Jewelry – Ring
- Actor – Hrithik Roshan
- Fashion Trend – Cold Shoulder
- Style Trick – Adding a silk scarf to any kind of outfit
Prachi Desai Facts
- She spent her early days in Surat. Later, she moved to Pune to complete her further studies.
- Prachi was in college when she began her modeling career. During that time, pictures of her were sent to television producer Ekta Kapoor. It is said that Ekta had canceled all other auditions and assigned the double role of Bani Jai Walia And Anamika Dixit to her for the show Kasamh Se (2006-2008). She was 17 years old at the time.
- Actress Gurdeep Kohli replaced Prachi after she had quit in Kasamh Se in 2008, to star in director Abhishek Kapoor’s Rock On!! (2008).
- In the past, Prachi was chosen as the brand ambassador for “Goa Tourism” and Neutrogena. She was also chosen as the face of Gili Signature in 2011.
- Prachi is popularly known as “OTA” (One-Take Artiste) in the film industry.
- According to sources, actress Anushka Sharma had replaced Prachi for a brand endorsement for sanitary napkins.
- She can play volleyball and table tennis. However, she does not consider herself a competitive person when it comes to sports.
- Prachi was once approached by a beauty brand from Pakistan to star in a commercial for them, however, she refused the offer. Later, she told the media that, she had refused it because of the tensions building between India and Pakistan at the time.
- She is a close supporter of the Children’s Movement for Civic Awareness citizenship and life skills education program.
- Her makeup bag always includes a compact, a cream blush, lip gloss, lip moisturizer, and sunblock.
- She loves to spend her free time going out for movies, eating out, and going out dancing with her girlfriends.
- After starring with actor Emraan Hashmi in the film Azhar (2016) which was based on the life of cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin, she stated that it would be fun to date a cricketer.
- Prachi entered the Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 2) in September 2007. However, she was eliminated on November 10. Later, she was given a wild card entry into the show and finally won the show.
- She is obsessed with the brand Michael Kors. Prachi also considers American actress and princess Grace Patricia Kelly to be her style icon.
- Her go-to perfume brand is Chloé.
- Prachi’s fashion destination is Spain.
- She is an avid reader.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Prachi Desai / Instagram