|Pragya Jaiswal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1988|
Pragya Jaiswal is an Indian actress and model who rose to fame after working predominantly in Telugu movies, like the period drama Kanche (2015), having earned many accolades for her stellar performance as Sita Devi in it, including the Filmfare Awards South in 2016 for “Best Female Debut”. Jaiswal has garnered more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
In 2010 she got enrolled in Symbiosis Law School in Pune and completed her education.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Odonil Air Freshener.
Pragya Jaiswal Favorite Things
- Snack – “Moong dal Chilla”
Source – Instagram
Pragya Jaiswal Facts
- She was brought up in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- During her initial days at Symbiosis University, she had taken part in a number of beauty pageants and become a successful model.
- In 2014, Jaiswal was conferred with the Symbiosis Sanskritik Puraskar for her accomplishment in the field of art and culture.
- Pragya has recounted that when she was in Law school in Pune, she had done modeling on the side for pocket money. After that, acting had been a natural progression. However, moving to modeling from law had not been something that she had thought much about. She kept getting offers, most of which she would accept, and after finishing law school she realized that law was not where her passion lay, it was instead, in modeling and acting.
- She hails from a Hindi-speaking household and has admitted that the language had posed a barrier initially and was a big challenge. However, she was able to overcome it and gradually became fluent in the Telugu language. In the beginning, her prep used to get doubled as she had to put extra effort into comprehending the meaning of the lines. Slowly, after getting a hang of the language, her preparation and work became much less difficult.
- Pragya has affirmed to have had a great experience working for the Telugu-language action drama movie Akhanda (2021). She was working with superstar Nandamuri Balakrishna for the first time and had been tense on the day she began filming with him. She had been relieved when in just 5 minutes of meeting him, she had felt totally comfortable having been struck with how positive a person he was. She has added that it had been a pleasure working with the big hero who was extremely disciplined and punctual, and she got to learn a lot from him.
- She had done the Hindi film Titoo MBA in 2014, in the initial phase of her career. However, she then focused more on South cinema. She has considered the reason behind this to have been destiny, having felt everything to have its right time and been grateful for whatever the universe offers to her.
- Jaiswal has been the brand ambassador for South India Shopping Mall and R.S. Brothers.
- She had never entered the kitchen prior to launching her YouTube page where she started to bake. She went on to enjoy preparing bomb cakes, and sending them to her friends.
Featured Image by Pragya Jaiswal / Instagram