|Presnel Kimpembe Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1995|
Presnel Kimpembe is a French-Congolese professional soccer player who has represented, as a center-back, the French top-flight club Paris Saint-Germain F.C. (2014–Present). With the club, he has won the Ligue 1 (2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20); the Coupe de France (2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2019–20); the Coupe de la Ligue (2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2019–20); and the Trophée des Champions (2016, 2017, 2020). He had also finished as the runner-up in the 2018–19 season of the Coupe de France and the 2019–20 season of the UEFA Champions League. At the international level, he had represented France at the Under-20 and Under-21 tiers before making his senior national team debut in March 2018. He was a member of the French squad that had won the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the country’s 2nd such title.
Beaumont-sur-Oise, Val-d’Oise, Île-de-France, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Isaac Kimpembe
- Siblings – Kevin Kimpembe (Brother), Black Kitoka Kimpembe (Brother)
He is represented by Julien Merceron, Manager snd Agent, MC Football, Paris, Île-de-France, France.
- 22, 13, 5, 3 – France
- 38, 34, 33, 3, 15, 13, 12 – Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Presnel has dated –
- Sarah (2010-Present) – Presnel had started dating his childhood acquaintance, Sarah, in 2010, when he was just 15 years old. They have 2 sons together named Kayis Kimpembe (b. October 2017) and Kahil Kimpembe (b. November 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Congolese descent on his father’s side and Haitian descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
Presnel Kimpembe Facts
- He was named after his maternal grandfather.
- Although he was born and raised in France, he also holds Congolese nationality as his father belongs to that country. Due to this, he was eligible to represent both France and DR Congo (the Democratic Republic of the Congo, formerly known as Zaire). In 2014, he had even played an Under-20 match for the latter country. However, he made a switch the following year by playing 7 Under-20 matches for France and has represented the country ever since.
- In 2018, after France’s triumph at the FIFA World Cup, he was honored as a ‘Knight of the Legion of Honour’, the 5th-highest French honor, military or civil.
- In the first leg of Paris Saint-Germain F.C.‘s round-of-16 match against Manchester United F.C., in the 2018–19 season of the UEFA Champions League, he had scored the very first goal of his senior professional career. It had given his team a valuable 2-0 away win and thus, a great chance to progress to the next round of the competition.
- In the return leg of the match, his jump to block a shot in injury time was given as a penalty for handball after the referee had consulted VAR (Video Assistant Referee). Paris Saint-Germain F.C. went on to lose the game by 3 goals to 1, tying the match 3-3 on aggregate. Manchester United F.C. progressed to the next round due to the away goals role as Presnel’s mistake proved too costly for his team.
- In June 2020, he had launched his own streetwear collection called PK3 Paris.
Featured Image by Presnel Kimpembe / Instagram