|Preston Williams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Preston Williams is an American professional football player who has represented, as a wide receiver, the Miami Dolphins (2019–Present) in the National Football League (NFL). He was undrafted after the 2019 NFL Draft and had signed up with the Miami Dolphins as a free agent in May 2019.
Lovejoy, Clayton County, Georgia, United States
Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
Preston had attended the Lovejoy High School in Hampton, Georgia. After his high school graduation, he had committed to the University of Tennessee, a public land-grant research university in Knoxville, Tennessee. For 2 seasons, from 2015 to 2016, he had represented the Tennessee Volunteers football team.
In 2017, he had taken a transfer to the Colorado State University, a public land-grant research university in Fort Collins, Colorado. He had played college football for their Colorado State Rams football team there. After the 2018 season, he had declared for the 2019 NFL Draft, foregoing his senior season college eligibility.
Professional American Football Player
18 – Miami Dolphins
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a trimmed beard
Preston Williams Facts
- Preston, apart from excelling in football as a wide receiver and defensive back in his high school days, had also lettered in track and field. In his senior year, he had won the state title in the long jump event.
- During his 2 year stint at the University of Tennessee, he had recorded 16 receptions for 247 yards and 2 touchdowns. After taking a transfer to Colorado State University in 2017, he had to sit out the 2017 season to comply with the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) transfer rules.
- In 2018, he had recorded 96 receptions for 1,345 yards and 14 touchdowns. He had led the Mountain West Conference (MWC) in receptions and receiving yards and had finished second in receiving touchdowns. Later that year, he was included in the ‘First-team All-MWC‘.
- He had made his NFL debut in the Miami Dolphins‘ 2019 season opener against the Baltimore Ravens. In a heavy 59–10 loss, he had recorded 3 receptions for 24 yards and his first professional touchdown. He had become only the 2nd undrafted rookie in the team’s history to score in a season opener.
- In Week 9 of that season, he had held 5 catches for 72 yards and 2 touchdowns in the team’s 26–18 win over the New York Jets. It was a bittersweet memory for him as he has sustained a knee injury in that game which was later diagnosed as a dreaded torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), ending his rookie season. At the time of this injury, he had recorded 32 catches for 428 yards and 3 touchdowns in the season and was the team’s leading receiver.
- In Week 5 of the 2020 NFL season, against the San Francisco 49ers, he had recorded 4 catches for 108 yards and a 32-yard touchdown reception during the 43–17 win. On November 11, 2020, he was placed on the ‘injured reserve’ list after sustaining a foot injury. He was forced to miss the rest of the season.
Featured Image by Preston Williams / Instagram